Research Assistant I
Performs responsible research work that requires planning, completing, and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
- Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- May develop and modify computer programs.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- May assign activities to less experienced research staff.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Expertise in standard molecular techniques, including immunoprecipitation and Western blotting, molecular cloning (restriction digest, Gibson Assembly, etc), DNA, RNA and protein isolation, PCR, qPCR.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing (NGS) library preparation of various types, including ChIP-seq, RNAseq, CLIP, etc.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture of standard laboratory cell lines (lentiviral production or primary / stem cell culture experience preferred).
- Competency in one or more key areas including: molecular biology, mammalian cell.
- Master's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston