Bioinformatics Analyst I
The lab of Dr. Eric Van Nostrand (Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Therapeutic Innovation Center) is seeking talented molecular biologists to aid our studies of how RNA processing is regulated in breast cancer and RNA viral infection. As part of this work, this position will perform data processing and analysis of next-generation sequencing library preparation (eCLIP, RNA-seq, and others) to profile in vivo targets of RNA binding proteins. Candidates will be expected to work independently with supervision from the PI, postdoctoral fellows, or graduate students as part of an interdisciplinary team, utilizing existing and public analysis pipelines as well as write custom scripts to perform desired tasks.
The Bioinformatics Analyst I will discover and analyze genomic variation in normal human and disease populations using bioinformatics and computational techniques and concepts.
- Collaborate with the PI, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students to define software and analysis requirements and implement desired specifications.
- Execute analysis using existing software tools.
- Design and code new systems and/or modifications as needed.
- Track project data and report analysis results.
- Communicate effectively with team members in both computational
and experimental biology areas.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Genetics, Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- 1-2 years of research experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston