Research Nurse II
The clinical trials focus on treatments and or vaccines for combatting infectious diseases; current focus is mainly COVID 19 trials.
Competent level professional nurse who provides professional nursing skills involving patient related research efforts. Responsible for patient care in a clinical research area. Duties may include screening and enrolling subjects, obtaining blood and other specimens for tests, administering medications, recording data for research analysis, and maintaining patient records.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality and safe patient care and customer service.
- Adheres to the scope of practices as defined by the Texas Nurse Practice Act. Recruits, screens, enrolls and evaluate patients for COVID-19 study.
- Schedules study visits and meetings related to COVID-19 studies.
- Collects study specimens and check subjects’ vital signs.
- Administers COVID vaccines for study.
- Follows subjects’ progress and advises the Dr. El-Sahly. Maintains patient charts and medical records.
- Ensures the COVID-19 clinical studies are conducted in accordance with guidelines of the FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Educates patients in significant aspects of the COVID-19 study.
- Serves as a liaison and distributes COVID-19 research information to research team as required.
- May assist in developing the COVID-19 clinical trial agreement.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment.
- Stocks and orders supplies.
- Provides training and guidance to research nurses and other research personnel and serves as a resource to staff.
- Collaborates with clinical research associates for monitoring of study-related material.
- Assists study PI with IRB submissions and ongoing communication with the IRB.
- Education Required: Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN). Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing.Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.