This is not a remote position. Being able to work in the main office is required.
Facilitate the legal admission of international students, scholars, trainees, faculty and visitors to the United States to participate in research, education, and clinical service programs in conjunction with the needs of the College and government regulations. Provide visa clearances for all non-U.S. citizens invited, appointed or hired by the College. Provide support and resources to help all non-U.S. citizens maintain and comply with their immigration status.
- Advise and assist international students, scholars, trainees, faculty and visitor in obtaining and maintaining U.S. non-immigrant status and USCIS work authorization in conjunction with BCM policy and procedure from prior to hiring to the termination of their activities with the College.
- Review, analyze, interpret and apply constantly changing federal rules/regulations, policies and practices.
- Serve as Designated School Official and Alternate Responsible Officer for Baylor's F-1 and J-1 SEVIS program.
- Prepare immigration forms and correspondence and file applications with the appropriate governmental agencies (USCIS, DOS, DOL, etc.).
- Counsel departments on non-immigration and immigration issues and BCM policy and procedure.
- Conduct one-on-one or group orientations with non-immigrant visa holders.
- Manage a caseload and maintain up-to-date data using multiple reporting systems.
- Respond to questions and issues via phone, e-mail, and in person.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Three years of experience in the area of immigration, SEVIS, and/or international student/scholar advising.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Public Administration & Policy Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Security Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston