Senior Manager, Research Administration
The current OSR Senior Manager has been in the role of supporting the research mission in the department of Surgery Research Core area. This position is key in the success of the program as it requires direct oversight of the Basic and Translational research areas include the day-to-day oversight and management of personnel in these areas. The Senior Manager is also responsible for supporting the Director of Research Administration in a capacity of recruiting, training, and supervising research staff as well as budgeting and financial reporting for the core efforts.
- Supports the research administrative director in the research operation consisting of 11 division based research programs, a clinical research and health services research arm, research education including the resident research track, and research administration including, personnel (over 50+ research staff,) compliance and documentation statistical and editorial support relative to grant submission and data mining.
- Addresses issues that impact or impede grant submission and subsequent funding (rate) success.
- Supports research administrative director with the implementation of organizational and operational decisions.
- Supports research administrative director with communication and implementation of college research policies within the department. Responds to questions concerning policies and develops internal policies and procedures.
- Supports research administrative director with the department’s daily operations and assists with supervisory guidance including oversight of the human resources function, payroll and salary administration, defining job duties, setting performance development plans and goals, conducting annual performance evaluations and assisting with the implementation of organizational and operational decisions.
- Supports research administrative director with budgetary and accounting functions of the department pertaining to research.
- Oversees pre- and/or post-award grant management activities and administration including review of grant revenues and expenditures and analyzes fiscal performance with spending/post award.
- Ensures financial management and accountability through budget negotiations, performing cost assessments, contract processing, monitoring financial transactions and adherence to budget, and financial reporting.
- Monitors research funding accounts exceeding +$9M annum.
- Serves as a liaison between investigators, regulatory bodies, and stakeholders.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree.
- Experience Required: Five years of relevant experience. Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston