Plant Operations Worker
Plant Operations Worker
2200 University Drive, Central Park Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Plant Operations Worker
Perform customer service tasks for faculty, staff, students and the public. Receive and complete incoming work orders in an efficient and timely manner. Assist maintenance personnel, when needed and assist in maintaining building operations and security of the district.
Plant Operations Staff are considered critical to the operation and security of the district in all conditions and, therefore, are expected to report for duty as usual during emergency weather closures and be flexible to work varied hours and schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform customer service tasks for faculty, staff and/or students, including building and door locking/unlocking, making temperature adjustments and carrying/lifting boxes to/from vehicles and offices.
- Perform event set-ups and event breakdowns. Move tables, chairs, platforms and podiums to provide assistance for conference room activities and other special events. Assist in preventative maintenance of equipment and assist in the upkeep of a clean learning and working environment. Maintain event setup schedule and assist with last minute event changes and modifications.
- Receive and complete written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor, including minor drywall repair and painting.
- Operate gas/electric powered cleaning equipment such as sweepers, blowers, industrial polishers, power washers, etc., as needed.
- Remove all bulk trash/recycle materials to appropriate containers/exterior dumpster and perform light cleaning, as needed.
- Deliver received packages to pre-marked locations Log entries and obtain signatures for items delivered. Sort and deliver daily incoming mail, as needed.
- Assist maintenance personnel, as needed.
- May be required to operate two-way radio for communications. May be required to replace defective lamps, bulbs, and/or ballasts as needed.
- Move district-owned office furniture and effects, as needed, including classroom inventory.
- Report plumbing, electrical or building repairs to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School Diploma and one (1) year of experience required. Two (2) years of experience, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of multiple hand and power tools
- Knowledge of cleaning solvents and other cleaning materials
- Knowledge of the security practice for the buildings
- Basic knowledge of the HVAC controls
- Knowledge of painting techniques
- General knowledge of drywall maintenance
- Customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work varied hours and schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to read and follow a event diagram
- Ability to assess and calculate setup and breakdown times in the event of multiple, concurrent and future event setups
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to assess the Chair Count/ Classroom Supplies Chart
- Ability to read and understand work orders and delivery tickets
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $28,807.00 - 33,128.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney