Coordinator of Faculty and Graduate Student Development
Posting Number F0704P Working Title Coordinator of Faculty and Graduate Student Development Department Teaching and Learning Ctr About the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia ( UGA ), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education ( http://www.uga.edu/ ). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.
About the College/Unit/Department College/Unit/Department website Posting Type External Retirement Plan Employment Type Employee Benefits Eligibility Benefits Eligible Underutilization None Advertised Salary Anticipated Start Date 12/01/2020 Effective End Date (for Limited-Term postings) Job Posting Date 09/01/2020 Job Closing Date Open until filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, those wishing to apply for this position should submit application materials by September 30.
Those with questions regarding this position should contact:
Dr. Ruth Poproski
Associate Director for Teaching and Learning
Center for Teaching and Learning
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30606
Location of Vacancy Athens Area EEO Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (email@example.com).
Classification Title Academic Professional AC FLSA Faculty Rank Academic Professional Associate Contract Type Fiscal (12 mo.) Tenure Status Non-Tenure Track Minimum Qualifications
Terminal degree in a disciplinary area appropriate for the position (as defined in the job posting).
The University of Georgia seeks an organized and thoughtful individual to join the Center for Teaching and Learning ( CTL ) as a Coordinator of Faculty and Graduate Student Development. The CTL is a unit of the Office of Instruction, whose central mission is to provide university-wide leadership, collaboration, and support on matters related to instruction.
The Coordinator of Faculty and Graduate Student Development reports to the Associate Director for Teaching and Learning, and collaborates with Assistant Directors in the unit. At the CTL, Coordinators work under the guidance of the Associate Director to develop and execute plans and protocols for effective and efficient operations in their area. They manage and oversee the implementation of programs and services, coordinate and support external facing initiatives, cultivate and maintain relationships with individuals from campus partner units, provide training, consultations, and support for individuals across campus, collaborate with their CTL colleagues, and more.
The individual filling this position will support instruction across all UGA schools and colleges by providing instructional development services such as workshops, consultations, facilitation of mid-semester formative evaluations of teaching, leadership of specific CTL programs, and more. There may also be an opportunity for this individual to teach at least once per year within our slate of graduate level teaching courses (offered through the graduate school). The purpose of this position is to pursue the development and execution of educational development programs and services for faculty and graduate students at UGA .
• A doctoral degree with anticipated completion no later than December 2020.
• At least one year of teaching experience in higher education, and a demonstrated commitment to improving teaching on the basis of research on teaching and learning.
Relevant/Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure, and/or Certification
• An earned doctorate in a field represented at the University of Georgia (https://www.uga.edu/a-z/schools.html).
• Evidence of mentoring and/or collaborating with peers or instructional staff to improve student learning.
• The ability to attend to detail and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Evidence of excellent presentation, facilitation, and project management skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
• Evidence of the ability to collaborate productively with others. A track record of managing multiple responsibilities at once.
• Evidence of excellence in teaching, instructional design, and/or educational development in higher education – at a large public research university.
• Evidence of the ability to provide professional development in higher education for faculty and graduate students either in a Center for Teaching and Learning or in an academic unit.
• Evidence of the ability to develop and facilitate programs for faculty at various career stages – including but not limited to facilitating teaching workshops and/or learning communities, conducting teaching observations, and facilitating the small group instructional diagnosis process.
Physical Demands Is this a Position of Trust? No Does this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources? No Does this position require a P-Card? No Is having a P-Card an essential function of this position? No Is driving a responsibility of this position? No Does this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care? No Does this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications) No Credit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.
Provide educational development services for faculty (e.g., workshops, consultations, facilitation of mid-semester formative evaluations of teaching, leadership of specific CTL programs)
Percentage Of Time 45 Duties/Responsibilities
Provide educational development services for TAs and other graduate students
Percentage Of Time 25 Duties/Responsibilities
Develop new educational development programs under the guidance of the Associate Director for Teaching and Learning
Percentage Of Time 10 Duties/Responsibilities
Support the work of the CTL Teaching and Learning Team as assigned
Percentage Of Time 10 Duties/Responsibilities
Teach once per year within our slate of graduate level teaching courses (offered through the graduate school)
Percentage Of Time 5 Duties/Responsibilities
Other duties as assigned
Percentage Of Time 5 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens