Baseball Program (Assistant Coaches)
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's athletics program and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure student athletes are provided with opportunities and services to help them succeed academically. All coaching positions will provide support to athletics activities, have daily contact with the public, and requires the ability to interact (internally and externally) in a professional, positive, and tactful manner at all times.
- Coaching support in all aspects of the soccer program: organizing practice sessions to enhance the team’s performance as a highly visible sport; supervise staff involved in the program and oversee budget.
- Recruiting strategies through scouting, attending tournaments, and home visits, in accordance with the Sun Conference and regulations.
- Assist with discipline policy and enforce the code of conduct for both players and team.
- Make sure safety and proper skills and techniques are being taught.
- Help to mitigate low level grievances and complaints between coaches and parents.
- Fundraising and develop other fundraising activities, camps and/or clinics to support the soccer program.
- Demonstrated professional judgment and discretion. Demonstrated flexibility, time management, initiative, organizational skills and daily multi-tasking.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relates to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills . Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills . Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents .
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- Bachelor's degree plus two (2) plus years of coaching experience.
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proofreading skills required. Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens