University Code 26911 University Title Administrator 1, Contracts and Grants University Job Family Legal, Audit & Compliance ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Grants Administrator Position Number 570550 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Massey Cancer Center Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
VCU Massey Cancer Center invites experienced applicants for an exciting opportunity as a Grants Administrator. In support of the goals of VCU and Massey Cancer Center, the primary purpose of this position is to manage and coordinate the submission of grant applications to external sponsors including federal agencies and foundations. The Grants Administrator will administer and coordinate Massey’s selection of principal investigators for limited submission external grant opportunities, identify and promote external cancer-relevant funding opportunities, & maintain Massey’s funding database.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Minimum 3-5 years pre-award grants management experience in an academic/medical setting, or equivalent is required.
• VCU financial security clearance is required.
• Demonstrated research administration experience in pre-award management is required; additional experience in post-award management is useful, but not required.
• Working knowledge and understanding of guidelines and policies of primary granting agencies to include, but not limited to, NIH and other federal, state, and private foundations, as well as corporate and private sponsors.
• Working knowledge and understanding of federal grants management guidelines specified in 2 CFR 200.
• Demonstrated ability to work with detailed financial data and to analyze financial information. Ability to develop projects and proposals that may include coordinating with multiple PIs, departments, and institutions.
• Exceptional analytical and organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
• Working knowledge and understanding of the university research environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Working knowledge and understanding of office administration and grants management techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to foresee and anticipate program issues and to respond appropriately in a timely manner.
• Experience with database systems.
• Demonstrated superior skills using Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office software applications.
• Demonstrated experience analyzing data, interpreting information, providing logical conclusions/projections and program evaluation, and anticipating costs/obligations.
• Previous experience using Banner, an enterprise financial software system, a plus.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to prioritize, focus, and work independently and be flexible when contingencies arise.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, similar educational program, or experience equivalent.
• Certified research administrator ( CRA ).
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information
Applicants must submit an application & resume at www.vcujobs.com.
Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/ 8:00am - 5:00pm Job Open Date 08/22/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100338 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience in pre-award grants
administration including the number of years of experience you have
in this area.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience using the VCU RAMS-SPOT system for
pre-award grant application management? If so, please describe your
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please list any certifications or workshops that you have
completed through NCURA or SRA.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document