Office Manager for the Psychological Services Center
Job Title Office Manager for the Psychological Services Center Posting Number S833P Classification Title
Assists the Director of the Psychological Services Center in administration of the center; completes, compiles, and maintains administrative and clerical work of the center by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Manages overall operation of the Psychological Services Center office and compliance with Policies and Procedures Manual.
2. Provides administrative and secretarial support to the Director of the Psychological Services Center.
3. Manages Director’s calendar and independently schedules appointments.
4. Composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
5. Organizes and maintains file system, files correspondence and other records, largely within the TherapyNotes EHR .
6. Provides general oversight to use of TherapyNotes for all providers and staff.
7. Creates and maintains databases, spreadsheet files, and reports.
8. Manages accounts and technology associated with ACORN outcome measurement system.
9. Manages office expenditures and assists director with budget.
10. Oversees scheduling process for providers and students, coordinating with receptionist(s).
11. Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible.
12. Provides information and assistance to inquiries from any source.
13. Directs crisis situations to the person determined by the Policy and Procedures Manual.
14. Maintains confidential records of keys, access codes and issues same.
15. Maintains familiarity with California Board of Psychology standards/California laws/ HIPAA compliance.
16. Oversees payroll preparation for delivery to campus Payroll office.
17. Cross-trains with the Psychological Services Center receptionist(s) to provide support in receptionist’s absence.
18. Develops and implements, in collaboration with the Director, new administrative systems.
19. Manages setup of providers’ schedules in EHR .
20. Coordinates use of video equipment and any related scheduling of rooms and equipment; also ensures all recording equipment is used in accordance with HIPAA policies.
21. Manages and coordinates psychological testing materials, both physical and online.
22. Assures all appropriate parties have HIPAA business associate agreements and that clinic functions in keeping with HIPAA standards.
23. Assists Director in hiring, orientation, and training of new providers, and of orientation and training of psychology trainees.
24. Coordinates support groups, therapist trainings, and other Psychological Services Center events.
25. Assists receptionist(s), as needed.
26. Manages third party billing and procedures, including contracts, subsidies for therapy, and other third party reimbursement, including insurances should the Center choose to accept them.
27. Presents a positive supportive image of the Psychological Services Center, California Baptist University, and Christian Higher Education.
Directly supervises employees, including work study students. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees (specifically, receptionists and student workers); planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Thorough knowledge of HIPAA standards and procedures
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
A thorough knowledge of Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse clientele, staff and student body
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 09/01/2020 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Title IX Coordinator Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5612 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside