Child Welfare Education Trainer - (STA006336)
Provides training sessions for the Child Welfare Education Project (CWEP) students and Children's Protective Services (CPS) staff for the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services (PRS). Coordinates the field placement unit within CPS. Develops instructional strategies and materials for training sessions.
- Trains CWEP students and CPS staff on topics in child protective services; may also serve as part of a training team.
- Coordinates planning, curriculum development, and training with PRS training managers, faculty and other trainers.
- Develops instructional strategies, activities and materials to enhance participation and interest.
- Coordinates the CWEP field placement unit and works with the CWEP field coordinator to arrange the field placement experiences for CWEP students.
- Monitors field instruction for CWEP and GCSW students.
- Recruits, monitors and assesses field placements.
- Serves on CWEP and CPS committees as assigned.
- Works with University liaison to develop projects relevant to CWEP's mission.
- Remains current in knowledge of child welfare issues.Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Job Posting Information:
The CWEP (Child Welfare Education Project) is a partnership between the University of Houston and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. The program offers scholarships to CPS (Children's Protective Services) employees or potential employees seeking a Master's Degree in Social Work who are willing to work for CPS after graduation. CWEP staff provide guidance and assistance to students during their enrollment at the University of Houston.
Qualifications: Masters and 3 years experience
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Prefer a minimum of 5 years Children's Protective Services experience and a MSW degree from an accredited college or university.