Adjunct Articulation Officer
Job Posting Title Adjunct Articulation Officer Location Los Rios Community College District (Folsom Lake College) Department Location Student Services Posting Number F00773P The Institution
Established in 2004 as the fourth college in the Los Rios Community College District, Folsom Lake College ( FLC ) is a vibrant teaching and learning institution serving over 8,800 ethnically and racially diverse students each semester. The College and its two educational centers, the El Dorado Center in Placerville ( EDC ) and the Rancho Cordova Center ( RCC ), serve the rapidly growing areas of both eastern Sacramento and western El Dorado counties, forming a dynamic learning community committed to academic excellence, innovation, and educational equity.
Our mission is focused on a rigorous educational program with a strong focus on student success. We provide a broad range of academic programs, student support services, learning modalities (including online and hybrid courses), as well as opportunities for student engagement and leadership. We also incorporate the newest technologies for innovative classroom instruction, including collaboration with The Innovation Center Makerspace at the main Folsom campus.
The main Folsom campus also includes the Harris Center for the Arts, a state of the art visual and performing arts venue. The Center presents a diverse program of arts, culture, and entertainment that engages the entire region. It is also home to FLC’s Visual and Performing Arts education programs, as well as local arts organizations and community partners, who embrace the opportunity to perform and learn in a world-class facility.
The main Folsom campus provides educational environments designed to empower, inspire, and enrich our diverse student population, including students from historically underrepresented and underserved populations. Our College awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees, as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into California State Universities and numerous private and non-profit four-year colleges and universities. We also offer Career Education (CE) certificates and degrees and transfer credit for students who wish to continue their education at a four-year college or university.
Our Commitment to Social Justice and Equity
The main Folsom campus believes that education should belong to everyone. To nourish this inclusion, we champion equity, diversity, social justice, and environmental sustainability as foundational to academic, campus, and community life. We work with the communities we serve toward just and fair inclusion into a society in which all people can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We commit to equity-driven decision-making, planning, and reflective processes that are responsive to the diverse identities and experiences in our community.
The Articulation Officer position is a 60% adjunct counseling position for one year. The assignment includes coordination activities related to curriculum and curriculum development on campus and within the district, and maintenance of electronic ﬁles/documentation to assure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations that govern inter-segmental articulation of curriculum for transfer purposes. General responsibilities include participating in regularly scheduled Curriculum Committee meetings, working closely with instructional department faculty and counseling faculty, and submitting courses for CSU and UC approval ( CSU GE and IGETC ). Additionally, this position requires the Articulation Office to effectively use college and state technology systems and websites in the performance of duties, to include ASSIST, C-ID, and College Source’s Transcript Evaluation System. This position supports the Folsom Lake College 2020-2022 Strategic Plan goals, specifically Goal 2: Provide High Quality Education. In addition, this position supports Accreditation Standards 1 and 2.
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Success, and in coordination with the Vice President of Instruction, the Articulation Officer will be responsible for:
● Coordinating articulation efforts with high schools and four-year institutions to achieve course-to-course and major preparation articulation as well as participation on segmental efforts and initiatives associated with articulation including but not limited to CIAC, ASSIST, and C-ID.
● Updating FLC information in ASSIST and Socrates.
● Submitting courses for CSU GE and IGETC ; then create and update CSU GE and IGETC advising sheets.
● Creating and updating local FLC GE sheets.
● Serving as a member of the GE sub-committee, and processing student petitions.
● Maintaining compliance with all federal, state and local policies, regulations and practices governing articulation.
● Ensuring the College Source’s Transcript Evaluation System database of course equivalencies and substitutions approved by faculty is up-to-date.
● Maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her professional responsibilities.
● Utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties.
● Maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
● Assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review.
● Serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including Curriculum Committee.
● Assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean.
Work Year 174 days Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree in Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Guidance Counseling, Educational Counseling, Social Work, Career Development, Marriage and Family Therapy or Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling; OR a bachelor’s degree in one of the listed degrees AND a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist ( MFT ) is an alternative qualification for this discipline; OR the equivalent.* All degrees must be from an accredited institution, completed by August 22, 2020.
2. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
● If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement.
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District adjunct faculty posting are required to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (indicating completed or conferred date)
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation (if using Interfolio, please send attachments to HR@losrios.edu)
5. Letter of Interest
● Applications submitted without all required documents listed above will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators.
Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary Salary placement determined by Los Rios salary schedule procedures. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overload, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note Reports To (Supervisor)
Posting Date Closing Date Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Quicklink http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/14493 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and
agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I
certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and
complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize
investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881
(if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all
persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand
that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on
this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or
attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If
you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor
traffic violation you are required to complete the form 'Arrests
Which Led to Convictions for Crime', P-881 (you must disclose
convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section
1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). Please copy and paste the provided URL for
the form -
https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/employees/hr/forms/p-881.pdf - and
attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- California Community College Instructor’s Credential
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Counsellor Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Administrative Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Academic Affairs Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento