Job Posting Title
Adjunct Articulation Officer
Los Rios Community College District (Folsom Lake College)
Established in 2004 as the fourth college in the Los Rios Community
College District, Folsom Lake College ( FLC ) is a vibrant teaching
and learning institution serving over 8,800 ethnically and racially
diverse students each semester. The College and its two educational
centers, the El Dorado Center in Placerville ( EDC ) and the Rancho
Cordova Center ( RCC ), serve the rapidly growing areas of both
eastern Sacramento and western El Dorado counties, forming a
dynamic learning community committed to academic excellence,
innovation, and educational equity.
Our mission is focused on a rigorous educational program with a
strong focus on student success. We provide a broad range of
academic programs, student support services, learning modalities
(including online and hybrid courses), as well as opportunities for
student engagement and leadership. We also incorporate the newest
technologies for innovative classroom instruction, including
collaboration with The Innovation Center Makerspace at the main
The main Folsom campus also includes the Harris Center for the
Arts, a state of the art visual and performing arts venue. The
Center presents a diverse program of arts, culture, and
entertainment that engages the entire region. It is also home to
FLC’s Visual and Performing Arts education programs, as well as
local arts organizations and community partners, who embrace the
opportunity to perform and learn in a world-class facility.
The main Folsom campus provides educational environments designed
to empower, inspire, and enrich our diverse student population,
including students from historically underrepresented and
underserved populations. Our College awards Associate in Arts or
Science degrees, as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which
guarantee transfer into California State Universities and numerous
private and non-profit four-year colleges and universities. We also
offer Career Education (CE) certificates and degrees and transfer
credit for students who wish to continue their education at a
four-year college or university.
Our Commitment to Social Justice and Equity
The main Folsom campus believes that education should belong to
everyone. To nourish this inclusion, we champion equity, diversity,
social justice, and environmental sustainability as foundational to
academic, campus, and community life. We work with the communities
we serve toward just and fair inclusion into a society in which all
people can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We
commit to equity-driven decision-making, planning, and reflective
processes that are responsive to the diverse identities and
experiences in our community.
The Articulation Officer position is a 60% adjunct counseling
position for one year. The assignment includes coordination
activities related to curriculum and curriculum development on
campus and within the district, and maintenance of electronic
ﬁles/documentation to assure compliance with all federal, state and
local regulations that govern inter-segmental articulation of
curriculum for transfer purposes. General responsibilities include
participating in regularly scheduled Curriculum Committee meetings,
working closely with instructional department faculty and
counseling faculty, and submitting courses for CSU and UC approval
( CSU GE and IGETC ). Additionally, this position requires the
Articulation Office to effectively use college and state technology
systems and websites in the performance of duties, to include
ASSIST, C-ID, and College Source’s Transcript Evaluation System.
This position supports the Folsom Lake College 2020-2022 Strategic
Plan goals, specifically Goal 2: Provide High Quality Education. In
addition, this position supports Accreditation Standards 1 and
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Success, and in
coordination with the Vice President of Instruction, the
Articulation Officer will be responsible for:
● Coordinating articulation efforts with high schools and four-year
institutions to achieve course-to-course and major preparation
articulation as well as participation on segmental efforts and
initiatives associated with articulation including but not limited
to CIAC, ASSIST, and C-ID.
● Updating FLC information in ASSIST and Socrates.
● Submitting courses for CSU GE and IGETC ; then create and update
CSU GE and IGETC advising sheets.
● Creating and updating local FLC GE sheets.
● Serving as a member of the GE sub-committee, and processing
● Maintaining compliance with all federal, state and local
policies, regulations and practices governing articulation.
● Ensuring the College Source’s Transcript Evaluation System
database of course equivalencies and substitutions approved by
faculty is up-to-date.
● Maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her
● Utilizing current technology in the performance of job
● Maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics
appropriate to the professional position.
● Assisting with articulation and curriculum development and
● Serving on college committees and participating in faculty
governance including Curriculum Committee.
● Assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area
Total Hrs per Week/Day
1. Have a master’s degree in Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling,
Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Guidance Counseling,
Educational Counseling, Social Work, Career Development, Marriage
and Family Therapy or Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling; OR a
bachelor’s degree in one of the listed degrees AND a license as a
Marriage and Family Therapist ( MFT ) is an alternative
qualification for this discipline; OR the equivalent.* All degrees
must be from an accredited institution, completed by August 22,
2. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
● Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach
details and explain how their academic preparation and/or
professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees listed
● If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications
listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Faculty
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required if
using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this
position). * (“graduate advising documents and grade reports” will
not be accepted as unofficial transcripts) (Required). NOTE : Los
Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
6. Certification and/or Licenses ( NOTE : list requirement with
positions with additional accreditation MQ)
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on
the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District
employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the
minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time
of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if
required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work
at an institution in a country other than the United States must
obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and
other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE
(Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators.
Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Salary placement determined by Los Rios salary schedule
procedures. Additional earnings may be available for summer,
overload, and stipends. LRCCD
Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions
information on how to apply online with our District. If you need
assistance with any phase of the application process, please call
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and
proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional
qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur
during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a
requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from
the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates
selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial
reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450.
Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and
agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I
certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and
complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize
investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881
(if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all
persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand
that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on
this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or
attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If
you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor
traffic violation you are required to complete the form 'Arrests
Which Led to Convictions for Crime', P-881 (you must disclose
convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section
1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). Please copy and paste the provided URL for
the form -
https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/employees/hr/forms/p-881.pdf - and
attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- California Community College Instructor’s Credential
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae