Stock/Receiving Clerk (Dining)
RISD Dining and Catering is actively seeking a Stock/Receiving Clerk to join their dynamic, self-operated dining department. RISD's Dining + Catering delivers enlightened hospitality, supports local farms through seasonally-inspired menus, and utilizes the strengths of our staff to provide an exceptional dining experience to the RISD community at large
The Stock/Receiving Clerk performs a variety of tasks related to receiving food and other products and equipment, proper storage and issuing of goods (including restocking vending machines), security of assigned storage areas, delivery of product to other units, and delivery and set-up of functions as required.
As an employer, RISD offers a supportive, collegial, and inclusive work environment and a competitive benefits package.
- Responsible for properly receiving goods, including monitoring quantity, quality, temperature, and prompt storage and ensures receiving and dining stock room areas are properly secured per RISD Dining protocol. Reports low stock levels and inventory discrepancies to the Met General Manager or supervisor on duty. Accurately receives and records orders in the computer system and informs manger immediately of any discrepancies. Promptly mark, date, and deliver all invoices and associated paperwork to the office for processing.
- Responsible for maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in all storage areas, loading dock, garage and hallways. Maintains orderly storage of products in all dining storage areas and restocks vending machines according to the RI Food Code Guidelines and rotate all product according to FIFO (first in, first out).
- Fill requisitions of product for all dining departments. In accordance with RISD’s Fleet Safety policy, transport products/items to all campus dining locations (i.e. food and paper products, grease bins) in a timely manner. Responsible for transporting cash sales from catering and/or campus locations to the business office, as well as transporting cash for deposit and cash exchange for campus use in a responsible and timely manner.
- High School diploma or GED with a minimum of one year of food
service experience required, or equivalent combination of education
- Must be able to read, write and follow written
- Must have a basic understanding of food service-related goods
(produce, meat, dry goods, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively
stock and organize product.
- Basic computer skills or the ability to learn and adapt to new
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds in
awkward positions (with or without assistance).
- RI Food Safety certification required, or the ability to obtain
within 90 days of date of hire as a condition of continued
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Previous cash handling experience
40 hours per week. RISD Dining is a seven-day per week operation. Specific schedule to be discussed with candidates at time of interview.
Dining and Catering staff are considered essential personnel and are therefore required to work even when the school is closed.
Employment Status (Temp, Term, On-call, etc)
Documents Needed to Apply
Cover Letter (optional)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Food Services Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence