Peer Programs Coordinator
Peer Programs Coordinator
Job ID: 220449
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oversee the administration of academically focused programs including the Peer Mentor Program and Tutoring Services. This includes recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating graduate assistants, peer mentors, and tutors. Coordinate campus wide tutoring initiatives. Develop learning content for peer mentoring, peer tutoring and department's newest initiatives.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Create and maintain tutor and peer mentor locations in EAB Navigate platform
- Provide support in representing the department in areas that include, but are not limited to orientation, open houses, department and university committees
- Supervise recruitment, hiring, training, direction and development for graduate and undergraduate Peer Mentor Program and Tutoring Services teams
- Directly supervise up to 6 graduate assistants
- Indirectly supervise up to 70 undergraduate mentors and tutors
- Oversee Peer Mentor Program and Tutoring Services, including the following functions: Human Resources processes, Time cards, Reporting on programs, Budget, Assessment
- Monitor and provide recommendations to peer mentors for the support of their assigned mentees; make appropriate referrals to peer mentors and mentees as necessary
- Implement procedures for students to access tutoring and mentoring resources
- Collaborate with campus partners to address training needs of mentors and tutors
- Coordinate campus wide tutoring initiative: Campus wide tutor training and Tracking through EAB Navigate platform
- Master's degree
- One (1) year of related work experience
- Experience working in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Ability to focus on detail
- Maintain confidentiality
- Cater to unique needs of students
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
Apply Before Date
September 24, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office setting
- Workweek may extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- May be required to travel occasionally
Standard and Education
3900103010 - Academic Success Center
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=220449&PostingSeq=1