University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Science
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.69 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Reporting to the Director of Administrative and Fiscal Operations, this position performs a variety of budget and financial functions to support a diverse range of programs and principal investigators within the College of Science. Fiscal processing and budget oversight will be done with a high degree of professionalism that promotes a positive image for the office. Working with a high degree of independence, the incumbent will have an advanced understanding of the rules and regulations associated with sponsored projects, as well as best practices for financial management.
• Three years administrative financial support or bookkeeping experience
• Experience interpreting and applying laws and regulations and developing, organizing, and implementing administrative projects and procedures
• Experience maintaining accounts and accounting systems; analyzing and interpreting financial information; developing financial reports; making projections; monitoring budget including allocating funds, expenditures and reconciling accounts
• Experience using personal computer to enter, retrieve, and edit financial data
• Bachelors in Business or related field
• Experience with grants management
• Proficient in the use of the UI Banner system and Vandal Web
• Experience using the Stores module in the UI Banner system
• Proficient in the use of ARGOS as a reporting tool
• Familiar with University of Idaho Policy and Procedures
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with personnel involved in the unit, the public and other agencies and organizations
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002571P
Posting Date: 08/28/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position will remain open until a pool of suitable candidates is identified.
Applications received by September 14, 2020 will receive priority consideration.
Applicants please provide:
• Letter of qualification outlining how you meet each of the required and preferred qualifications.
• Three professional references within the application.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.