Coord, Microcomputer Lab III
Posting Number 2020404 Posting/Functional Title Print Management & Lab Operations Coordinator University Pay Plan Title Coord, Microcomputer Lab III Location San Marcos Department University Libraries Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $3,570 - $5,338 Job Category Non-Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
• Experience managing print systems
• Strong computer skills (includes Microsoft Server, Windows desktop management, printing management tools, and “Bring Your Own Device” printing solutions)
• Strong technical writing and communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills (active listening, discussion, synthesizing data, suggesting alternatives, explaining concepts, explaining procedures, training skills, interpreting results)
• Problem solving skills
• Familiarity with Group Policy, SCCM, or other methods of printer deployment and lab management
• Effective organization and time management strategies
• Training experience (selects appropriate teaching methods to meet learning styles given available resources; knowledge of instructional planning and design)
• Initiative and ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Working knowledge of print and application servers
• Ability to research, review, and propose new and emerging technologies
• Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from an accredited two-year college or technical school
• Additional experience may substitute for education.
• Credentials (Microsoft MTA, CompTIA A+)
• Experience in an academic environment
The University Libraries at Texas State University are seeking qualified applicants for a Print Management and Lab Operations Coordinator position. Reporting to the Computer Lab Manager, the Print Management and Lab Operations Coordinator is part of a team that is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the campus printing system. This includes, but is not limited to, server support, vendor relations, front and back end software support, and data collection. The Print Management and Lab Operations Coordinator works closely with a number of campus entities, including Technology Resources, IT Assistance Center, the Information Security Office, and other departments interested in a campus printing solution. The Print Management and Lab Operations Coordinator directly oversees the operations of the University Libraries Print Shop and supervises the Print Shop Manager.
This position supports campus-wide printing for students, as part of the Information Technology division. The Print Management and Lab Operations Coordinator is responsible for managing campus printing solutions, including server support, print system deployment, confirmation of software licensing, and print release station management. This position is responsible for gathering and reporting on print usage data, recommending print system modifications, and forecasting hardware and software needs. The Print Management and Lab Operations Coordinator will also project, maintain, and reconcile printing budget. This position will work closely with the Computer Lab team to ensure all labs and print kiosks are running smoothly, with an emphasis on overseeing lab operations. As such, the position is responsible for creating and providing training on lab operations, including the print system. This position oversees the Library’s Print Shop operations, including supervision of the Print Shop manager. Additionally, this position performs other duties as assigned, including serving as backup to the Computer Lab Manager as needed. Work hours are typically Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, but may occasionally require working outside of scheduled hours.
Additional Information to Applicants Job Open Date 08/31/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) 09/21/2020 Open Until Filled No Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33579 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- Veteran's Preference
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos