Executive Director Academic Policies and Curriculum
Direct, oversee, manages and administers the academic/education arm of area. Coordinates activities, requirements, and regulatory guidance to achieve academic operational workflows that demonstrate effective and efficient educational programs. Ensures academic operations meet all schedule constraints, enrollment needs, and regulations, including state, federal, and accreditation requirements. Assumes responsibility for future program offerings, curriculum development, and effective delivery of curriculum. Secure funds through annual budget, grant writing or other means.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Oversees the implementation of undergraduate curricular changes and publication.
- Coordinates the Academic Affairs Curriculum Council and its Executive Committee.
- Coordinates UCO's participation in state-wide meeting of OSRHE Faculty Curriculum Committees to develop state transfer matrices. Works with faculty groups and department chairs in preparation for annual meeting.
- Coordinates curricular activities between UCO and the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education staff and the Regional University System of Oklahoma staff. Leads and coordinates the development and implementation of curricular policy.
- Identifies and tracks curricular policy issues related to academic integrity, quality, and functionality.
- Chairs the Academic Affairs Policy Committee. Supervises the Director of Academic Publications and the Manager of Academic Publications/Web Specialist. Works with the chair of the Academic Appeals Board to facilitate student grade appeals. Serves as the university contact/liaison to internal and external councils, committees, and task forces as assigned by the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs. Provides assistance and/or counsel to the University community regarding policy and curriculum. Conducts special projects and other duties as assigned by the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and/or the Vice Provost/Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs. Serves as an example of civility, community, character, and work ethic. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in related field plus 7+ years of experience with leading planning, including program development and innovation, program budgets, and assessment. Extensive knowledge and compressive understanding of functional area. Appropriate profession accomplishments and credentials.
Master's degree and experience with and understanding of academic policy and their applications, in higher education is strongly preferred.
Strong interpersonal/human relations, leadership and communication skills. The ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Program planning ability. Knowledge and skill in organizational management and establishing priorities. Strategic knowledge and understanding of the business development needs, opportunities, and constraints of a major public institution of higher education. Ability to analyze and interpret business data and formulate effective business strategies and procedures. Knowledge of the structure and operations of university support services. Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools. Demonstrated leadership, employee development and management skills. Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments. Ability to analyze problems and develop creative solutions to complex human resource issues. Experience with and knowledge of personal computer applications. Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills; ability to serve as an articulate spokesperson for the University.
Repetitive movement of hands and fingers - typing and/or writing. Frequent standing, and/or sitting. Occasional walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms. Visually identify, observe and assess. Ability to communicate with supervisor/students/colleagues. Regular physical attendance required. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Accreditation Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Other Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond