Postdoctoral Research Associate, Program in Latin American Studies
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Associate
Requisition Number: D-21-LAS-00001
The Program in Latin American Studies (PLAS) is seeking candidates from any discipline who are engaged in scholarly research on topics related to Latin American Studies, including the Caribbean and Brazil, to fill one to two Postdoctoral Research Associate or more senior positions. Candidates will be expected to devote themselves to research and writing, and may teach not more than one course per semester. When teaching, successful candidates will hold the secondary rank of Lecturer, and any teaching opportunities are subject to sufficient enrollments and the approval of the Dean of the Faculty. They also will be invited to participate regularly in the scholarly activities of the PLAS intellectual community.
Appointments are for a 12-month term, starting September 1, 2021, with the possibility of renewal, contingent on satisfactory performance and continued funding.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits will be offered.
This position is subject to the University’s background check policy.
How to Apply
For full consideration, applications should be submitted by December 3, 2020, 11:59 p.m. EST.
All candidates must apply online and submit the below materials (in English) at https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/16701.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of research interests (1,000 – 1,500 words)
- A representative sample of recent work (under 30 written pages or equivalent]
- Three letters of recommendation
Required Qualifications: Doctoral degree (earned within three years of the start date). Academic excellence, potential to bring new ideas and approaches to Princeton University and to interact successfully with a broad range of faculty and students.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Princeton
- Humanities Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Princeton
- Ethnic & Multicultural Studies Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Princeton
- Other Humanities Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Princeton
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Princeton