Employee Relations and Staffing Specialist
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Human Resources Department is hiring an Employee Relations and Staffing Specialist to provide leadership, consultation, advice, coaching, education and decision-making support to managers and employees regarding employment related matters. Reporting to the Executive Director of Employment and Engagement, the Employee Relations and Staffing Specialist will also support the recruitment and staffing initiatives on the Prescott Campus and assist with creating and maintaining a well-qualified and diverse pool of faculty and staff candidates. Since this position will support our Prescott, AZ Campus, some evening hours will be required.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for leaders and employees regarding policy and procedure questions. Advise both employee and management regarding employee relations policies, procedures, and required documentation. Provide guidance, conflict resolution mediation and facilitation in areas of employee relations, performance management and corrective action/discipline.
- Support the Office of Title IX Compliance with compliance, training and investigations when faculty or staff are involved. Conduct other workplace investigations as the need arises.
- Provide coaching and guidance to employees and managers in the development of performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions and management of conflict. Manage responses to unemployment, EEOC, OCR or other state or federal agencies regarding matters of employment.
- Provide coaching to supervisors to empower them to manage employment situations effectively. Manage, track, provide guidance on, and record annual performance reviews, performance improvement plans and other disciplinary actions.
- Participate in and oversee the selection process from posting positions through onboarding new faculty and staff for the Prescott Campus. Manage advertising, scheduling of campus interviews, checking references and initiating background checks and bring forward any concerns to leadership for decision-making. Maintain records of recruiting activities as required. Assist with completion of onboarding and orientation for new hires.
- Support diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts by creating awareness throughout recruiting process, attending training and events on campus, participating in committee work, etc.
- Conduct training on employment related matters such as recruiting, hiring and performance management.
- Focus on engagement activities; proactively reach out to new
hires to check in during first six months, follow up on new hire
survey results, complete exit interviews, etc. Assist with
recognition activities, such as service awards events, as
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- At least four years of experience working in employee relations
- Demonstrated understanding of workplace laws and regulations to include, but not limited to Civil Rights, Title VII, Title IX, EEO, AA, ADA, etc.
- Must have excellent interpersonal/communication skills to include; coaching, motivating, mediation, facilitation
- Advanced computer skills, to include MS Office
- Strong organizational skills to include prioritization of key duties, accurate thorough documentation, which can be used in legal proceedings, and strong follow-through skills
- SHRM-CP or equivalent HR certification
- Higher Education experience
- Knowledge of Title IX process
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach