CE Business Manager
CE Business Manager
Job ID: 220385
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oversee financial/business operations and accounting functions for Division of Continuing Education. Manage purchasing, budget reconciling, forecasting, and billing for services provided by functional area. Act as integral leader toward the success of Division by driving operational excellence. Ensure management of departmental financial accounting system is aligned with University policy. Oversee and track all budgets to create cost effective programs and conferences.
- Participate in project management and business improvement projects
- Prepare financial reports to analyze ROI of programs and conferences
- Track budgets and review/approve requests for funding
- Supervise personnel - records and registration
- Prepare and analyze financial projections
- Review expenses related to specific programs
- Collaborate with senior leadership to manage and monitor managerial reporting and reconciliations
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of customer invoices and adjustments
- Lead team to ensure timely customer payments
- dentify and resolve any financial issues
- Manage special projects independently or as part of a group, as needed
- Manage revenues - receive and post payments, make deposits and work with cashier on cash flow
- Manage petty cash
- Maintain, review, and reconcile all budgets for the Division
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University and the Division
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Master's degree in accounting or business
- Five (5) or more years of related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Demonstrated experience in budget management, cost accounting
- Ability to create communicative reports and explain details to non-accounting colleagues
- Work well with people across multiple departments and fields
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office applications, and Google docs
- Ability to manage employees located on all three campuses - Statesboro, Savannah, and Hinesville
- Extensive knowledge of accounting procedures
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and well-developed managerial skills
- Experience in forecasting financials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
Apply Before Date
September 23, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- May sit and enter data for extended periods
- Regular travel between Statesboro, Armstrong, and Liberty campuses
Standard and Education
3900240101 - Continuing Ed - Admin
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=220385&PostingSeq=1