Senior Director, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice
POSITION TITLE: Senior Director, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Justice
REPORTS TO: President & Chief Executive Officer
LOCATION: New York City
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full time/Exempt
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing, and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment, and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 36 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Visit us at www.lisc.org
LISC is excited to announce a new role for a Senior Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Justice. This position will report to and collaborate with the President and CEO during a period of change for the organization. The Senior Director will work with staff across the organization to integrate an evolving agenda of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice into all areas of the organization’s work.
The Senior Director will serve as the primary internal resource for diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice processes, bringing expertise and fluency in these areas. This position collaborates with key members of executive leadership as a thought partner that supports staff, the Board and partners as LISC continues to enhance competencies, best practices, communications, and policies across the organization.
This unique role requires a combination of skills grounded in organizational development, strategic communications, and knowledge management, in addition to fluency and expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion concepts and practices.
Ideal candidates will be natural problem-solvers in the workplace and will be able to engage comfortably with all staff to lead by influence rather than authority.
- Partners with the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice Committee to co-create a diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice mission, vision, and strategy through a process of evaluation and implementation to ensure alignment with LISC’s strategic framework.
- Infuses diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice knowledge and best practices across the organization in all programming, communications, internal culture building, staff development and business operations.
- Ensures that strategic planning and support processes are implemented in a way that protects people and supports stakeholder voice, agency, inclusion, and belonging throughout the organization.
- Serves as an active member of the Senior Leadership Team and advises Executive Leadership on best practices; acts as point relationship manager for internal network leads, national programs, external diversity/ equity/inclusion/justice partners and consultants.
- Collaborates with LISC’s Talent Development function in growing the diversity, equity and inclusion foundations of our pipeline to align with long-term capacity building and retention.
- Manages cross-organizational teams working on time-limited projects (e.g. developing the integration of diversity, equity inclusion, and justice training at staff retreats; assisting with the coordination of local office/community-driven convening’s) and other special projects as needed.
- Disseminates information regarding LISC successes and lessons through appearances and publications. Examples include participating in conference panel discussions and presentations, contributing to manuscripts or serving as a guest on a webinar, among other opportunities.
- Coordinates with a growing team dedicated to developing, implementing, and evaluating strategies that advances LISC's diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice processes.
- Performs additional - duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years progressive workplace experience in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice.
- Experience building relationships, networking and collaborating effectively with ethnically/ culturally/ socio-economically diverse populations and community organizations.
- Experience developing employees through effective coaching, facilitation, and team building
- Record of accomplishment building coalitions and consensus among diverse groups to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated management experience.
- Documented accomplishments regarding effective development and implementation of strategic plans that support a bold mission.
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data/information to both tell a story and evaluate success with varied audiences.
- Experience attracting and sustaining philanthropic funding for national and local initiatives.
- Deep passion for and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice, including but not limited to: race, gender, and social class.
- Strong project management skills; ability to drive simultaneous, complex projects to measurable success while aligning with organizational strategy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Experience managing and carrying out a strategic communications plan.
- The ideal candidate will be proactive, organized, and possess exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel (15% annual estimate) domestically.
LISC offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND JUSTICE