Full-Time Engineering Instructor (REPOST)
Full-Time Engineering Instructor (REPOST)
Posting Number: 0000820
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Math, Engineering & Sciences
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note - This Letter of Appointment (LOA) is a temporary, full-time position. Work is assigned on a semester-to-semester basis and is contingent upon sufficient student enrollment, availability of funds, availability of full-time work in the area of responsibility, and/or continuing satisfactory performance.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore Engineering
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning,
integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi,
outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records
Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the
students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per
week, and participate in professional development activities,
department and college committees, commencement, and other
activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend,
summer, extension, online, hybrid, and/or dual enrollment classes
at various campuses.
- Candidate should expect to participate in outreach and recruiting activities, University partnerships, and other program building initiatives.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit for and promote the Engineering program.
- Participate on campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Qualified candidates must have a Master’s (or higher) degree in
Engineering or a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Lee College does not provide sponsorship. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of identity and employment eligibility.
- Previous teaching experience at a community college,
engineering outreach, and experience in Engineering Education
- Knowledge of Blackboard
- Documented commitment to the at-risk learner
- Evidence of creativity in developing courses and new programs
at the community college level
- Experience and commitment to working with students from diverse
- Experience incorporating student learning outcomes and
assessments within courses and programs
- Experience utilizing technological innovations in teaching and
- Documented commitment to ongoing professional development
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, teaching philosophy and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5363
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.