Learning Centers and Clinical Placement Coordinator
William Paterson University invites applications for the 12-month position of Learning Centers and Clinical Placement Coordinator in the Department of Nursing.
Reporting to the Chairperson of the department, this essential position within the College of Science and Health is dedicated to the ensuring the smooth day-to-day operation of the Department of Nursing. The scope of this position includes serving as a Program Assistant and as a Laboratory Coordinator. The efficient and effective execution of the duties and responsibilities within these two areas is considered vital to student success.
The William Paterson University Department of Nursing is an energetic campus community and has a distinguished group of nursing faculty. Excellence is reflected in mission, diversity and student success. The department's academic breadth provides a variety of opportunities for a focused and fulfilling work experience. The strength of academic rigor encourages research, publishing, and scholarly accomplishment. The Nursing Department is nationally accredited by CCNE.
At William Paterson University nursing graduates go on to significant clinical, academic, research, supervisory, and administrative positions. Faculty, higher education managers, and support staff are committed to teaching excellence and robust student mentoring.
For more information about our programs, please visit www.wpunj.edu/cosh/departments/nursing/
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate nursing laboratory schedules for the Department of Nursing programs.
- Oversee the preparation and set up of laboratory sessions; monitor and maintain inventory of laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Collaborate with faculty on laboratory activities, student skill remediation,
- Serve as an ex-officio member for the Retention, Tenure, and Promotion Committee; collate and file faculty peer evaluation and students' faculty evaluation.
- Initiate, review, and coordinate clinical agency contracts/agreements; liaise between Department of Nursing and clinical agencies regarding clinical placement,
- Maintains departmental database for student clinical clearances: health clearance, criminal history background check, urine drug screening, CPR cards and other requirements for faculty and clinical instructors.
- Maintain updates on Department of Nursing webpages
- Performs other duties as delegated by the Department Chairperson.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited four-year institution
- Possess or eligible to possess licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey
- Three (3) or more years clinical nursing experience
- Ability to work weekend or evening hours on an as needed basis
Additional, preferred qualifications:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Experience in administrative role in higher education
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Willingness to learn new technology
Personal attributes and traits:
- Capable of perceiving and understanding the individuality of others
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a diverse environment with a variety of individual and group wants and needs
- Capable of making sound decisions by analyzing all aspects of a situation
- Demonstrated desire to help others expand their talents and potential
- Able to understand and relate to others in both oral and written communication
Invitation to apply:
Please click to
apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Complete an application
Submit a cover letter and resume
Provide names/contacts of three professional references
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue
until the position is filled. Please email email@example.com should
you have any general questions related to this search.
About William Paterson:
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 10,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 380-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.