Case Manager, Student Development
William Paterson University invites applications for the 12-month full-time position of Case Manager.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Students, the Case Manager serves as an integral part of student success and retention at William Paterson University by being responsible for assessing students' difficulties and basic needs and connecting students with supportive and timely campus or community resources.
The Division of Student Development is committed to supporting the whole student at William Paterson University so they can be successful. This includes paying attention to the personal, social, and intellectual development of every student. Our aim is to compliment, expand upon, and leverage the classroom experience to ensure success, retention, and graduation. By enabling students' access to available resources, either to enhance their educational efforts, or help them overcome obstacles, we empower them to achieve their goals and fully participate as global citizens.
For more information, please visit: https://www.wpunj.edu/enrolled/student-development/index.html
Duties and responsibilities:
- Utilize communication skills to engage, build rapport and trust with students; provide case management consultation and needs assessments; implement intervention and advocate where needed to address systematic barriers to student success; examples - food insecurity and housing insecurity
- Meet with students individually or in group consultations; assess, refer, educate and resolve
- Consult with and serve as liaison to faculty and staff who are seeking to assist students
- Identify internal and external resources and make relevant and timely referrals to William Paterson University departments such as health or counseling services and/or appropriate outside social service agencies or healthcare agencies; develop and maintain strategic and sustainable professional relationships
- Collaborate with Dean of Students, Registrar, and others regarding recommendations and adjustments to a student's enrollment status or schedule
- Create and maintain accurate records and documentation of student case management contacts; demographic data, student referral tracking, outcomes; create reports upon request; create and maintain up-to-date database of campus and community referrals
- Serve as a member of the Students of Concern Committee, and other University-wide committees as appropriate
Performs other duties as assigned that are appropriate for the position
- Master's degree in Social Work
- Current NJ license as a CSW or LSW
- Three or more years NJ based case work practice experience within last five years of employment
- Demonstrated knowledge of social service resources in the Northern New Jersey area
- Experience working with diverse and underrepresented populations
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- LCSW with five or more years of recent case management experience could be considered.
Personal attributes and traits:
- Demonstrated capacity to analyze all pertinent aspects of a situation in order to gain insight to inform decision making
- Capable of modeling persistence by steadily pursing a project or goal in spite of difficulties
- Able to communicate effectively in both written and oral format
- Able to independently establish a process for activities that lead to desired outcomes
- Capable of understanding and effectively relating to others who may have competing wants and needs
Invitation to apply:
Please click to apply for the position
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
- Complete an application
- Submit a cover letter & resume
- Provide names/contacts of three professional references
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue
until the position is filled. General questions related to this
search process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About William Paterson:
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 10,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 380-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.