Laboratory Technician II
The Wythe Lab at Baylor College of Medicine favors a cross disciplinary approach to solving key problems in cardiovascular development. Rather than wed ourselves to a singular model system or technique, we attack biological questions from multiple fronts, using gold standard genetic models-such as the mouse, cutting edge imaging techniques, genome-wide analyses, and classical biochemistry.
This position will focus on ~85-90% animal husbandry and colony maintenance, focusing on weaning pups and ear clipping/tailing pups before P21, PCR-based genotyping, agarose electrophoresis and imaging of gels, entry of genotypes into an electronic filemaker database, and setting up crosses to keep lines available, etc.
- Cleans laboratory equipment such as glassware, metal instruments, sinks, and tables.
- Prepares simple stains, solutions, and culture media following established formulas and procedures.
- Assists in conducting research experiments.
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Assists in collecting data and maintaining records.
- May enter data into research database.
- May operate laboratory equipment.
- May assist in preparing biological specimens for analysis.
- May harvest cell cultures and maintain cultures.
- Education Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston