Faculty, Contributing - Master of Social Work
Walden University is an accredited institution that has been serving the higher education needs of professionals for more than 40 years. Offered online, Walden's doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs are designed to help students achieve their goals so that, as graduates, they can help advance the lives of others. Contributing (part-time) faculty report to the Academic Program Director for Social Work programs to provide instructional and curriculum development service in the Master of Social Work program. Faculty members are critical in creating, maintaining, assessing, and reflecting upon a learning environment where academic discipline interweaves with the School of Social Work and Human Services mission to support student learning. Faculty members are expected to adhere to all Walden University faculty expectations, which are clearly set forth to the faculty member at the start of his/her employment with the University. What to Expect as a Walden Faculty Member: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide course instruction, course content development, and other curricular activities as needed Provide residency instruction
- Provide academic advising and mentoring
- Promote a social work professional identity with students.
- Engagement in scholarship
- Service on university and school committees, as well as school initiatives as needed