Part-time Faculty WD&CE Literacy-GED® Test Preparation Instructors
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitlePart-time Faculty WD&CE Literacy-GED® Test Preparation Instructors
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College Adult ESOL & Literacy Grant Program is seeking teachers of Adult Literacy, GED® Preparation. Come join the largest adult education program in Maryland! Our program focuses on life, literacy, and civic skills and GED® Preparation (academic) instruction. Classes meet days, evening, or Saturdays at various sites throughout the county.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Faculty member will be expected to teach Adult Literacy or GED® test preparation classes.
- Faculty members will abide to program policies and procedures.
- Faculty members will participate in training sessions prior to the class start date.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- Master’s degree and/or extensive experience in Secondary Education (Math, Language Arts-reading & writing, science, social studies) preferred.
- Minimum 6 months experience teaching Adult Literacy and/or GED®
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience in at least one of the following subjects: Math, Reading or Special Education.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by January 28, 2021
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateThursday, January 28, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.