Adult Education Manager
ADULT EDUCATION MANAGER
Consider joining Daley College as an Adult Education Manager and provide leadership, management, and direction to the Adult Education Department and its entire staff activities.
This position will be located at our satellite campus, Arturo Velasquez Institute located at 2800 S. Western Chicago, IL 60608 with an afternoon work schedule.
The Adult Education is a comprehensive program of free classes for adult students who need to learn English or improve their basic literacy skills, obtain a GED® certificate, or prepare for the Citizenship exam.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Conducts performance evaluations of Adult Educators, Adult Education Coordinators and clerical staff on an annual basis.
•Develops remediation plans for Adult Educators with performance deficiencies. •Conducts interviews and recommends hiring of Adult Education staff. •Participates in pre-disciplinary meetings as the management representative for clerical and technical staff, Adult Educators and Adult Education Coordinators. •Administers the collective bargaining agreements for clerical and technical employees, Adult Educators and Adult Education Coordinators.
•Participates in policy and strategy development with respect to collective bargaining for clerical and technical employees, Adult Educators and Adult Education Coordinators.
•Monitors work performance and recommends discipline and termination of staff.
•Works with Adult Educators to develop curriculum.
•Plans and conducts staff meetings for full-time and part-time staff to ensure that program information is communicated properly.
•Develops training plans for staff improvement professional development and conducts training classes. May obtain contracts for outside training.
•Develops procedures and processes for program implementation including data collection and reporting systems.
•Analyzes program data and prepares reports for executive staff.
•Participates in budget planning.
•Represents the Dean/College at meetings as needed.
• Completion of a Master's degree in Elementary or Secondary Education, English, or a related field required supplemented by a minimum of five years of administrative experience in Adult Education and/or ESL programs; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Experience in evaluating, mentoring or remediating instructional personnel is preferred.
• Proven organizational and project management skills and supervisory ability required.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with employees at all levels of the organization, in addition to students and other college customers are required.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to use computers to perform work activities.
• Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current operations in an effort to improve the goals of the District.
• Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago