Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Broadcasting Engineer Position's Functional Title Broadcasting Engineer Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University is seeking to hire a Broadcasting Engineer. This position carries various duties in the department with the focus on oversight of facility resources. The Broadcasting Engineer is responsible for assisting with maintenance/operation of all broadcast equipment and systems supporting DLMD . This person assists in implementation of effective production procedures to ensure our production department operates at peak efficiency. This position is responsible for assisting the Chief Broadcasting Engineer in their duties as technical leader of DLMD . The Broadcasting Engineer assists in the technical training of all staff.
25% – Assist in set-up, configuration, maintenance, diagnosis and operation of broadcast systems and equipment. Assist in monitoring, testing and measurement of critical systems. Assist in administration of network, media storage, archive and edit systems in broadcast and production environments including television studios/control rooms.
25% – Management of postproduction processes and facility hardware and software including: organizational systems for raw media and completed programming via LTO storage system, and JBOD library; and test and define best practices in file distribution/conversion based on emerging technologies and client requests; assist Producer/Directors in postproduction process by providing training and technical support in Avid Media Composer editing systems; organize and maintain EVO Project Share System project list, login accounts, and permissions.
15% – Provide television and media production services including CCU control, record/playback deck control, ingestion of programming footage in studio; provide expertise in remote production setup including use of fly-away production system and ENG -style productions.
15% – Assist with troubleshooting equipment issues, installation of system updates, maintenance of subscription services and version upgrades, maintain A/V signal flow to campus monitors, and manage equipment inventory.
10% – Assist in creation and maintenance of accurate and up-to-date documentation of all systems. Utilize facility and system documentation to facilitate/support activities. Maintains work areas and tools.
5% – Work with Program Developer (Coordinator) and Chief Broadcasting Engineer to coordinate use of facilities and fabrication of materials for new or modified projects.
5% – Other Duties Assigned.
• Demonstrates knowledge and good judgment in matters of college policy and procedures.
• Stays well informed regarding Media Advancements and Technologies.
• Completes miscellaneous correspondence, research, reports, and memos as requested.
• Proactive Leader – Works well without close supervision and demonstrates initiative.
• Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
• Communicate major outages to department managers.
• Maintain and grow technical and job knowledge.
• Close interactions with students regarding training and knowledge of departmental equipment and process.
• Comprehensive knowledge of FCC regulations & guidelines.
• Experience with Broadcast Automation systems and maintenance.
• Reporting functions are completed accurately and timely, and in accordance with established policies and guidelines of DLMD and/or campus environment.
• Effective working relations exist with multiple campus organizations and departments.
• DLMD’s professional reputation is maintained.
• Apply proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, report and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of the systems investment.
• Knowledge/ability to apply terminations/connectors to various types of network cables such as coaxial, twisted pair, and optical fiber cables that carry SDI video, AES audio, RF and IP signals Connector Types include BNC, N, F, RJ-4S, and D-sub-miniature.
• Skills to grow into a subject matter expert.
• Ability to install and configure PC and Mac Workstations.
• Knowledge of networking, Mac, Windows and PC operating systems.
• Basic understanding of IT Networking, Firewalls and Fiber-Optics.
Salary Range: up to $52,000.00.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
REQUIRED : DOCUMENTATION CONFIRMING HIGH SCHOOL COMPLETION OR EQUIVALENT MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION, COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. High School Graduation or equivalent
A. Credit for 60 semester hours of college course work, with a minimum of 30 semester hours in electrical engineering or electronics. ( ATTACHED COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS TO SHOW ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING OR ELECTRONICS COURSEWORK .)
B. Associate degree in electronics or radio/television engineering.
C. Successful completion of a trade or vocational school program in electronics or radio/television engineering lasting two academic years.
D. 18 months of experience in radio and television engineering or television engineering.
E. Any combination of A – D that totals 18 months. Preferred Qualifications
Desired Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Media Communications or similar field, and 3-5 years’ experience.
• Experience in professional TV/Video/Multimedia production with required knowledge of broadcast engineering, lighting, editing, media management, network infrastructures, and archiving.
• Solid understanding of TCP /IP protocols (e.g. HTTP, FTP, SNMP, NTP ) and how TCP /IP-based services work ( DNS, DHCP ) required.
• Experience with Tightrope Media Systems Carousel and CableCast systems
• Advanced knowledge of media formats and platforms consisting of professional and social media distribution.
• Advanced abilities of set construction and design.
• Advanced knowledge of professional editing systems, especially Avid, not only for basic editing but for creation of advance compositing and visual effects, mattes, animation.
Posting Date 06/02/2021 Closing Date 06/09/2021 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0453P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5420 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: Documentation confirming High School completion or equivalent (High School DIPLOMA / GED or Transcripts showing completion of high school/ GED .
You may submit COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS as a substitute.
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
EXAMINATION DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a paper exam. Please see the State Universities Civil Service System ( SUCSS ) website for additional details at www.sucss.illinois.gov .
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency is required within 180 days of hire date.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
**Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- Cover Letter
- High School Diploma or GED
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation
- Certification/Professional License
- Veteran’s Preference Points Documentation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest