Program Development Coordinator - Agriculture & Natural Resources, Southwest District
Posting Number F0714P Working Title Program Development Coordinator - Agriculture & Natural Resources, Southwest District Department CAES Southwest District CES About the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia ( UGA ), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education ( http://www.uga.edu/ ). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.
About the College/Unit/Department
UGA Cooperative Extension was founded in 1914 to bring research-based agricultural information to the people of Georgia. County agents and specialists throughout the state share information on issues like water quality, profitability in agribusiness, family wellness, and life skills. County agents provide soil and water test kits and instruction, advice on safe pesticide use, publications, computer programs and lessons in consumer skills to improve Georgians’ quality of life. They are the local experts in food safety, proper eating habits, child safety, and parenting. UGA Extension coordinates 4-H, Georgia’s largest youth program. Each year, almost 200,000 young Georgians participate in community projects, summer camps and conferences on today’s issues while having fun and learning to work together. The leadership skills and values they learn in 4-H last a lifetime. UGA Extension reaches more than 2.6 million Georgians through education programs each year. Millions more rely on UGA Extension’s publications, educational news articles and public television programming for advice and information.
College/Unit/Department website https://extension.uga.edu/about/districts--facilities--and-centers/southwest-district.html Posting Type External Retirement Plan TRS or ORP Employment Type Employee Benefits Eligibility Benefits Eligible Underutilization Minorities & Females Advertised Salary Commensurate with qualifications Anticipated Start Date 11/01/2020 Effective End Date (for Limited-Term postings) Job Posting Date 08/28/2020 Job Closing Date Open until filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
All application materials must be submitted via the university’s faculty job portal. Materials to be uploaded include (1)Resume or condensed Curriculum Vitae, (2) 1 – 2 page cover letter summarizing your qualifications and philosophy for the position. Your philosophy needs to include your vision for ANR programming in the SW District (3) Contact information for 3 to 5 references (at least one must be external from UGA .) To receive optimal consideration, applications should be submitted prior to October 2, 2020; however, screening will continue until the position is filled.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to Wade Parker, ANR PDC SE District and Search Committee Chair, email@example.com, 912-681-0177.
Location of Vacancy SW District EEO Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Classification Title Public Service Professional AC FLSA Faculty Rank Open Rank Contract Type Fiscal (12 mo.) Tenure Status Non-Tenure Track Minimum Qualifications
UGA Cooperative Extension’s Southwest District has the most diversified agriculture base in the state with a Farm Gate Value of $5.53 billion dollars. The SW District Agriculture and Natural Resources ( ANR ) Program Development Coordinator gives leadership and training to 43 ANR Extension Agents in the geographic district. It fills a critical role in helping ANR Agents identify issues-based programming needs. Training, guidance, and support for ANR Agents (especially those early in their career) is critical to meeting stakeholders’ needs in this area. This position will serve at an appointment rank of either Public Service Associate or Senior Public Service Associate, depending upon qualifications. Extensive travel throughout the state and geographic district, as well as to local, state, and national meeting will be required to fulfill duties.
A masters degree in Agriculture or related field
Relevant/Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure, and/or Certification
• 5 years of effective experience with Extension programming including ANR, Extension Leadership committees, commodity groups, and agribusiness
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
• Ability to effectively relate to county staff, state faculty, and the public
• High degree of competency in human relations skills
• Ability to mentor, lead, and instruct county faculty
• Computer competency in MS Word, Excel, GA Counts, Extension Training System and other required software
• Demonstrated evidence of visionary and innovative programming
• High level of appreciation of the duties of a County Extension Agent
Physical Demands Is this a Position of Trust? Yes Does this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources? No Does this position require a P-Card? No Is having a P-Card an essential function of this position? No Is driving a responsibility of this position? Yes Does this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care? No Does this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications) No Credit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.
This position serves as mentor, advisor, and teacher for Agriculture and Natural Resources ( ANR ) County Extension Agents in the Southwest District of UGA Extension and will:
• Work as a member of the District Extension Leadership Team ( DED, 4-H PDC, & FACS PDC ) to support all three Extension program areas and mentor faculty in support of related events, activities, and trainings as required.
• Work with the District Extension Director in providing program support for County Extension ANR Agents.
• Work directly with County Extension Agents in developing and implementing county ANR plans of work.
• Work with State ANR faculty in the development, implementation, and assessment of county ANR outreach efforts.
• Work with County and State faculty in the development and implementation of ANR programming impact assessments.
• Work with County Extension faculty in the development of multi-county ANR programs.
• Provide leadership for regional events within the Southwest District in cooperation with appropriate state ANR faculty and county Extension staff.
• Work with appropriate state faculty and staff to develop trainings, systems, and modules for new County Agents.
• Serve as liaison between County Extension ANR Agents and State ANR faculty.
• Work with the District Extension Director in providing program support for County Extension A&NR Agents.
• Work as a member of the ANR PDC team and with state ANR leader
• Assist in the assessment of the State ANR program needs and setting program direction in cooperation with the State ANR staff.
• Assist in the development of pertinent applied research in counties.
• Work with state program development specialist on Extension Training System and Georgia Counts to support agents and staff.
• Coordinate district and state ANR agent trainings and travel throughout the state
• Extensively travel within the district to fulfill duties.
Percentage Of Time 100 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- List of References with Contact Information
- Unofficial Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcripts
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens