Career & Professional Development Manager
TheCareer & Professional Developmentoffice at St.
Catherine University invites applications for aCareer &
Professional Development Managerposition. This is a regular,
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
The Career and Professional Development office’s goal is to support student career success! The Manager provides oversight for staff and student workers and delivers direct services to students, alumni, faculty, and other campus departments. This position also collaborates with employers to develop career education delivery and with academics and other campus offices to promote career readiness and career success.
- Hire, train and lead a professional team committed to
supporting students in their career discovery.
- Drive the delivery of high touch, rapid response customer
service to a diverse population of students, faculty and
- Design, coordinate and monitor high-quality, innovative and
relevant online and in-person career and professional development
programs to meet the needs of students, alumni, faculty and
- Oversee and analyze the effectiveness of career development
processes and support the creation of new processes, tools and
resources to ensure staff can effectively achieve priorities and
- Communicate respectfully and build relationships of trust with
people of all cultures and abilities, affirming the worth and
preserving the dignity of individuals, families, and
- Conduct evaluations of online services and resources to
- Collaborate with the Employer Partnership Strategist to support
the development of the internship program, experiential learning,
career-building activities, and programs in partnership with
- Partner with faculty to deliver career programs.
- Engage with and contribute to campus-wide committees for
enrollment and retention.
- Create and deliver content for workshops, presentations, and
the Career Development for Women course on an as needed
- Advise students and alumni on career discovery, job search,
resumes, interviews, letter writing, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with academic affairs, student affairs, and other key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of experience in any of the following: training and
professional development, career education, workforce and economic
development, or business / project management.
- Supervisory experience including hiring, training, budgeting,
coaching, and motivating.
- Experience educating and presenting to small and large
- Knowledge of job markets.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google suite of products.
- Master’s degree in education, career development, training and
professional development or a related field.
- Five years of experience in any of the following: training and professional development, career education, workforce and economic development, or business / project management.
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service. EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at email@example.com or 651-690-6565.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
Visit https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/search to
apply. Three references and successful completion of a background
check will be required for employment. Application deadline is
September 18, 2020.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *How much experience do you have in
any of the following: • Training and professional development •
Career education • Workforce and economic development • Business /
- One year
- Two years
- Three years
- Four years
- Five years
- Six years
- Seven years or more
- *In which position did you supervise
employees and for how long? Please note that supervision should
include: • Hiring • Training • Budgeting • Coaching • Motivating
(Open Ended Question)
- *What are your top three strategies
for how we align education with the needs of the workforce?
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer H1-B sponsorship. Will you now or in
the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University Website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Newspaper - Star Tribune paper
- Newspaper - Star Tribune web
- Community agency
- Newspaper - Pioneer Press paper
- Newspaper -Pioneer Press web
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul