Assistant Director, Prospective & New Student Programs - (STA006335)
Oversees operations within the department of Prospective and New Student Programs (PNSP) within the Office of Admissions, including campus visits, orientation, and customer service. Reports to and assists the Director of PNSP with activities and management of professional and student staff in planning, goal-setting, and other facets of on-campus recruiting and transition programs.
- Supervises and trains staff providing customer service,
orientation, transfer services, and campus information to
prospective and newly admitted students.
- Collaborates with academic colleges and other university
constituents to develop and implement coordinated recruitment
services and objectives in alignment with Admissions goals.
- Assesses and provides direction for ongoing recruitment
projects and transition services such as campus tours, mail-outs,
phone campaigns, new student orientation.
- Assists in the supervision of all student-led programs such as
the UH Ambassador Program and UH Orientation Team.
- Analyzes and updates all in-person and virtual programs to be
accurate and accessible to future and current students.
- Develops measurable learning outcomes on all services and
programs affiliated with prospective and new student
- Plans, organizes and supervises university/college recruitment
projects and events.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding national and
regional recruitment trends as well as issues unique to University
of Houston and a highly diverse student body.
- Participates in the revision and maintenance of the policies
and procedures for transition programs and procedures in the Office
- May prepare office publications and reports including
newsletters, website updates, and office brochures, as well as
budgetary and statistical reports.
- Serves on various administrative committees, represents the
university on external committees, and participates in internal and
external division programs. Represents the department at events as
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Preferred: Master's Degree.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston