Assistant Professor of Computer Sci., Computer Engr., or Electrical Engr, Tenure Track, August 2021
Chapman University is a nationally ranked institution offering traditional undergraduate and graduate programs in the heart of Orange County, one of Southern California’s most diverse and vibrant regions. The university achieved R2 status in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, a distinction held by just 10 percent of all U.S. universities. Our faculty include academic leaders who excel in research, publishing and world-class teaching in our 11 schools and colleges, including Fowler School of Engineering. Dedicated to forward-looking, personalized education, we create an environment for unlimited achievement by both our students and faculty.
Opened in the fall of 2019, the Dale E. and Sarah Ann Fowler School of Engineering offers undergraduate degree programs in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, and Software Engineering. An undergraduate program in Computer Engineering began in 2020 and Electrical Engineering is expected to begin in 2021. Fowler Engineering is committed to contributing solutions to global challenges, and to building truly inclusive and equitable faculty, staff, and student experiences. A key component of that mission is the recruitment and support of faculty, staff, and students from the broadest possible set of backgrounds and experiences. Members of the school are likewise expected to contribute substantially towards our goals of equity and inclusion through teaching, research, learning, and service. More information about the Fowler School of Engineering is available at http://www.chapman.edu/engineering.
The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. More information on diversity and inclusion at Chapman University is available at https://www.chapman.edu/diversity.
A Ph.D. in computer science, computer engineering, computational science, data science, software engineering, or electrical engineering is required. Whereas we welcome applicants from all disciplines in these fields, preference will be given to candidates with backgrounds and research interests in artificial intelligence, machine learning, cybersecurity, computer networks, robotics, hardware design, electronics and circuits, simulation, or related areas. Applicants considered for the rank of assistant professor are expected to demonstrate promise in scholarship and teaching, with a clear direction for integrating research and pedagogy.
Duties include establishing or continuing a research program in
the candidate’s field, teaching, and mentoring students. Tenure
track faculty are expected to develop and maintain an active
research agenda for future tenure consideration and are evaluated
on their research/scholarly activity, teaching and service.
The successful candidate will teach 4 courses per year. These courses may include: Computer Science I (CPSC 230), Computer Science II (CPSC 231), Computer Networks (CPSC 353), Robotics (CPSC 260), Digital Logic (CPSC 330), Computer Architecture (CPSC 351), Artificial Intelligence (CPSC 390), and Data Science (CPSC 392), Electronics and Circuits (EE 200/300), Systems Programming (CENG 231), Cybersecurity (CPSC 454), among others.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to
1. Chapman University Faculty Employment Application
2. Cover letter that provides a succinct overview of why the candidate is well-positioned to contribute to the specific educational and diversity & inclusivity missions of Chapman University.
3. Curriculum vitae
4. Teaching philosophy statement that includes how the candidate’s teaching strategy is synergistic with an engineering school houses in a liberal arts university
5. Statement that provides an overview of the candidate’s philosophy for achieving greater diversity and inclusion in engineering in general along with an actionable plan for promoting diversity and inclusion at Chapman specifically
6. Research statement that includes a specific an actionable plan that will allow the candidate to successfully build a research agenda in the context of the Fowler School of Engineering’s existing and future academic programs
7. Three letters of recommendation
Candidates should submit application materials electronically at the following link: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/16729
Inquiries? Please direct any inquiries to Adena Hamlin at email@example.com Please use “Tenure Track Engineering Positions” as the email subject line.
Application review will begin November 1, 2020.
Successful completion of a background check is required for the final candidates. This position is contingent upon final budget approval.
Download a copy of the Chapman Faculty Application for Employment here.
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Orange
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Orange
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Orange
- Engineering Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Orange