The Van Nostrand Lab is seeking enthusiastic postdoctoral researchers interested in exploring a range of emergent questions in RNA biology by utilizing a variety of genomics, molecular biology, and bioinformatic approaches to explore how RNA binding proteins (RBPs) regulate RNA processing. Project opportunities include the study of RBP-driven alterations in translational regulation in breast cancer, development of improved technologies to profile and quantify RBP targets, and largescale mapping, integrative analysis, and functional validation of RBP targets in RNA viruses.
Postdoctoral Associates are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional.
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- May supervise research staff.
- Education Required: MD or Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston