Postdoctoral Associates are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional.The Krishnan lab is looking for a technically gifted and motivated postdoctoral fellow to lead several projects pertaining to epilepsy and emotional behavior. The ideal candidate would have years of rodent experience (mouse), as well as prior background in stereotaxic brain surgery, immunohistochemistry and routine molecular biological techniques.Current projects in the Krishnan Lab focus around the application of home-cage monitoring for the study epilepsy and emotional behavior. The postdoc would play a key role in one of several projects listed below: focal manipulations of hyperexcitability (via DREADDs or other techniques) to treat epilepsy behavioral syndromes, developing seizure prediction algorithms via a combination of EEG and home-cage behavioral data, or translational analysis of mouse and human ethograms/actograms, by way of an IRB approved clinical study.
- Plan, direct and conduct specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluate and analyze data.
- Establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarize research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Responsible for laboratory operations.
- Supervise research staff.
- MD, PhD or MDPhD in biology/neuroscience/biomedical engineering
- Additional experience in big data analysis and deep learning.
- Prior experience in an epilepsy lab is not necessary
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston