Technology, Law, & Security Senior Researcher (16681)
The Project Leader’s primary responsibility will be to lead, manage, and perform in-depth research and writing related to an ongoing project to identify the roles and responsibilities of players in the internet ecosystem in addressing harmful content online, which will: map the ecosystem, including the roles of the various players in the stack and the tools available to these areas (ranging from denial of service to case-be-base take-downs to use of interstitial warnings, among other possible tools); identify the particular regulatory considerations that apply at different levels of the stack; and work toward a broad set of principles that can guide both private and public sector decision-making. The researcher will also design, lead and manage and provide support to other Technology, Law, & Security (TLS) projects as needed.
- Perform in depth and thorough legal and policy research.
- Design, lead and manage research projects.
- Draft memoranda, reports, publication quality papers, blog posts, background papers, and other written products.
- Lead, organize and manage coalitions of external companies, organizations, and individuals to generate agreed upon principles and practices.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of research assistants.
- Coordinate project-related strategic communications.
- Support fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel required: minimal
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Project Leader B
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Juris Doctor
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Law & Legal Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Public Administration & Policy Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.