Flight Training Manager
The Flight Training Department at the Daytona Beach Campus is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Training Manager.
The Training Manager individually manages all aspects of flight training for 25 Instructor Pilots and is responsible for the welfare of approximately 250 flight students. The Training Manager is also responsible for the overall administration of flight training to include safety of training, quality of training and student service on their team.
Provide Management of assets and job functions of all assigned personnel.
- Ensure appropriate workload of assigned instructor pilots is maintained
- Student Assignment
- Student Tracking (Tracking student training progress)
- Conduct weekly meetings with teams to coordinate flight operations and enhance Flight Department effectiveness.
- Communicate changes in policy and procedures
- Scheduling student and Instructor training events
Provide quality flight training and ensure normal progress of assigned students while promoting the initiatives of the university’s safety culture, through mentoring and management techniques.
Review, modify, and assist in the completion of required paperwork:
- Progress Checks
- Course Completes
- Extra Training
- Performance Evaluations
Promote the Embry-Riddle Student Care and Customer Satisfaction programs by:
- Counseling Students and Instructor Pilots as needed by regularly communicating with students about training progress
- Developing and implementing a plan of action if needed
- Monitoring student progress to ensure minimum standards are met
- Fall orientation
- Maintaining student/IP assignments
Ensure compliance with University Policy and FAA Regulations (10%)
- Verify compliance with Part 141 and Part 142 regulations and Training Course Outlines
- Notify the Chief Flight Instructor on any deviations to Training Course Outlines prior to any deviation.
- Verify instructor pilots are conducting training during assigned days and times
- Timely completion of required paperwork
Ensure the quality of training is maintained by:
- Administering assigned phase checks
- Conducting performance evaluations for FT IPs
Communicate with the appropriate personnel:
- Weekly Reports
- Weekly meetings
Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for assistant training manager(s), flight instructors, student assistants, and flight students assigned to the Training Manager’s team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- FAA Certificated Flight Instructor/Instrument CFI, CFII Airplane, Single Engine Land, (Multi-engine Land preferred)
- 500 hours dual instruction given
- Analytical skills with proficiency using Microsoft programs to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet.
- Management, organizational, public relations, technical, problem solving skills required.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach