Job Summary: The Collaborative Pianist is responsible for serving as an accompanist to select choirs, student performances, and private lesson instruction. This is a part-time position. Duties & Essential Job Functions: 1. Provides regular and prompt attendance at scheduled rehearsals, lessons, performances, or similar events to perform collaborative pianist duties.
2. Prepares and performs at a high caliber that is reflective of TCU and the School of Music.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience : • Bachelor Degree.
• Demonstrated piano proficiency with excellent sight reading skills.
• Experience in collaborating and performing with individuals and groups in a wide variety of musical styles and genres. Preferred Education & Experience: • Master’s degree.
• Advanced musical and pianistic skills with 5 or more years of collaborative piano experience. Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training: • None Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training: • None Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Skill in fostering a supportive learning environment that encourages student success.
• Skill in collaborating with various instruments and groups.
• Ability to work with a variety of campus constituents, with a sensitivity for diversity.
• Ability to modify behavior & practices in response to new information, changing conditions, unexpected obstacles, or faculty/student needs.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience, whether oral or written, an effort to facilitate the open exchange of different musical ideas and information.
• Ability to effectively analyze problems, determine solutions, and take decisive action with personal responsibility over this decision to achieve outcomes and goals.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities & responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to accurately evaluate one’s own performance.
• Ability to clearly, effectively, and professionally communicate with faculty, students and other support staff to successfully collaborate.
• Ability to collaborate and perform with individuals and groups in a wide variety of musical styles and genres. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations): • Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, and kneeling.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 25 lbs. Work Environment: • Work is indoors and moderate and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. AA/EEO Statement: As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: August 27, 2020 Central Daylight Time