Fiscal Support Analyst - University Advancement
Posting Number C00092P Quick Link for Position http://jobs.uafs.edu/postings/1613 Working Title Fiscal Support Analyst - University Advancement Position Number 21-20-0002 Department Office of VC Advancement About the University
For more than 6,000 students each semester, the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith offers a dynamic and diverse learning community with a student-centered approach focused on the success of the individual. Small class sizes combine with innovative, hands-on learning and research experiences alongside expert faculty to ensure students receive a future-focused education at the most affordable tuition rate in the state. The University has undergone significant changes since its founding in 1928 and now offers 51 bachelor’s and associate degrees, two master’s degrees, and 36 certificate programs, all aimed at preparing students for success in the global workforce. UAFS is one of 21 academic institutions and affiliates governed by the University of Arkansas System.
The second-largest city in the state, Fort Smith is located on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border in the heart of the Arkansas River Valley. Established in 1817 as a frontier military post, Fort Smith is now a vibrant and growing city featuring a variety of cultural activities and entertainment options, including a thriving downtown arts and entertainment district. Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate the Natural State’s plentiful trails, mountains, forests, parks, and waterways, both within the city limits and throughout the surrounding area. The city is also within easy driving distance of Tulsa, Kansas City, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, and Memphis.
The UAFS campus is comprised of 77 buildings and facilities located on 170 beautifully-manicured acres and crowned with the Donald W. Reynolds Campus Plaza, Tower, and Campus Green. Students who choose to live on campus may do so in one of two residence hall complexes, complete with a full-service dining center, or the on-campus apartment complex for married students and upperclassmen. Campus involvement is encouraged by participation in more than 100 registered student organizations, which includes academic societies, a dynamic Greek life system, intramural sports, and cultural/special interest groups. The UAFS Lions compete in the NCAA Division II Lonestar Conference in men’s baseball, women’s volleyball, and men’s and women’s basketball, golf, cross country, and tennis.
About the College / Department Position Summary
Will be responsible for the administrative support of University Advancement in the areas of gift processing, gift reporting, vendor and fund maintenance, and database data integrity. The work involves complex data entry, which requires careful attention to detail. High degree of judgment is involved in establishing accuracy of information and correct coding and integration of data. This position reports to the Director of Foundation Finance and Operations.
Summary of Job Duties
• Responsible for the receipt and processing of all Foundation gifts in both the Foundation database (Raiser’s Edge) and the University database (Banner). Duties include researching and obtaining information regarding the gift’s designation.
• Responsible for reporting all gifts to the staff and maintaining security of all cash and check donations.
• Monitor and report on outstanding pledges and matching gift pledges monthly to maintain accuracy.
• Perform monthly account reconciliations and assist in the execution of a monthly reconciliation of Raiser’s Edge with the general ledger.
• Prepare monthly pledge invoices and other invoices as needed.
• Code all invoices with proper org and general ledger account, and review sales tax requirements.
• Assist with invoice and purchase order processing.
• Provide data entry support in the alumni/development database. Data entry includes, but is not limited to, creating new accounts and maintaining existing account information (addresses, phone numbers, relationships, company contacts, affiliations, and etc.).
• Prepare specialized lists and reports as requested.
• Key journal entries as requested.
• Provide excellent customer service to external and internal stakeholders.
• Provide support to staff and campus on special projects.
• Responsible for maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to foster teamwork and by providing leadership to subordinates. Requires consistent on-time attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field where information gathering and analysis are emphasized.
• One to three years’ in a business, accounting, financial, or administrative/secretarial role.
Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for some of these requirements.
Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
License(s)/Certifications Preferred Qualifications
• Three or more years’ in a financial and/or accounting administrative/secretarial role.
• Experience in non-profit environment.
• Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge.
• Experience with Sungard’s Banner Finance or Workday system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, the following competencies are required for the essential functions of this position:
• Knowledge of software applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills, including working well with a team
• Planning and organizational skills, including ability to prioritize work activities and use time efficiently
• Strong computer skills
• Problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, and gather and analyze information
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment, manage competing demands, deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
• Ability to multi-task and delegate responsibility
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Special Job Dimensions
Work performed primarily in an office/classroom setting. Occasional travel and extended hours required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. Required abilities include walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods. Visual demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. Employee regularly talks and hears. Employee occasionally lifts items up to 10 pounds.
Routine office hours 8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Salary $29,251 Benefits
Competitive benefits package.
Background Check / Pre-Employment Screening
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, financial history background check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non- discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Does this position require a background check? Criminal Background Check and Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) Check. Position requires employee complete Arkansas Mandated Reporter training and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) training prior to employment.
Open Date 08/27/2020 Close Date 09/20/2020 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Anticipated start date EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, dedicated to attracting and supporting diverse student, faculty, and staff populations. The University welcomes applications without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- Proof of Veteran Status
- Additional Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand that failure to complete the Employment
History section of the application will result in automatic
- * Did you complete the Employment History section of the
- * Do you understand that failure to upload your unofficial
transcript(s) may result in an incomplete application packet?
- * Did you upload your unofficial transcript(s)?
- * Have you ever been fired or asked to resign from a job?
- If yes, please describe.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you learn of this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith