ASDOH - Manager Advanced Care Clinic
The Arizona School of Dental and Oral Science (ASDOH) at A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking applications for a manager of the Advanced Care Clinic (ACC) on the Mesa, Arizona campus. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Clinic Operations, Post Doc. The manager will perform duties associated with daily operation and continuation of the ACC, including staff management and faculty assistance, and manage special projects pertaining to the ACC as assigned by the Associate Dean of Post-Doctoral Education.
Job Duties :
- Manage daily clinic operations to ensure efficiency and proper patient care in the ACC clinic as a whole
- Supervise and evaluate dental assistant performances and certification needs; submit uniform orders as appropriate
- Oversee new hire selection and training of dental assistants
- Recommend salary adjustments and reclassification of clinical staff
- Support and lead the Dental Assistant (DA) team by managing their energy and encouraging staff performance
- Ensure that clinic processes and procedures are followed on a daily basis
- Maintain communication with students and residents to resolve conflicts and patient complaints.
- Manage the faculty calendar in Axium and communicate with Assistant Director of Operations any shortages
- Attend calendar meetings as needed, keep the student rotations up to date in Axium, work with Clinical Education regarding deficiencies
- Work with Triton Team Lead to resolve patient scheduling issues in the ACC (AEGD & SNCU)
- Submit ACC hourly staff time cards to payroll bi-weekly
- Track ACC staff approved time off on the Google doc spreadsheet
- Assist hygiene faculty with external hygiene rotation program needs
- Work with Assistant Director of Operations and Clinical Director(s) to resolve problems within division
- Compile patient credit/adjustment submissions and patient refund request; submit to Assistant Director of Operations on weekly basis
- Complete monthly Smile Forward billing, and post payments to ledgers
- Write detailed, accurate communication, including memorandums, letters and reports, concerning the above responsibilities.
- Manage records request spreadsheet and ensure records are sent accordingly via email or hard mail
- Attend off campus meetings as needed for training and management of grants
- Assist with coordination of events held within the ACC (Day for Special Smiles)
- Perform all other duties assigned by Assistant Director of Operations and Associate Dean of Post-Doc Education
- 2 year college certificate or equivalent
- Bachelor preferred; equivalent experience may be considered
- Knowledge of dental office and systems management
- Must have experience as office manager/financial background
- Understand OSHA standards, aseptic procedures, HIPAA regulations, and all dental procedures
- 3 to 5 years private practice management experience necessary to ensure understanding of patient interaction and staffing model for efficient clinic operations.
- Advanced computer skills – proficiency in email, internet browsers, patient management software, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and G Suite used daily.
- Managing staff