University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Science
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.95 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Part Time
This benefits eligible, 10-month position will assist and support the Polya Director, Academic Specialist, and other faculty and staff with the daily operations of the Polya Mathematics Learning Center and Department of Mathematics and Statistical Science. Duties include: updating database information and queries to Polya Mathematics Learning Center database; providing direction and information to students, faculty, and staff utilizing various forms of communication regarding the Polya Mathematics Learning Center; updating webpages and other learning materials, and produce reports as requested; working with textbook and software vendors to open and maintain courses; and hiring, appointing, scheduling, and supervising workstudy for Polya.
- One-year experience working in an office setting.
- Experience with office support functions including word processing, spreadsheets, filing, composing a variety of business documents, reception, gathering and compiling data, and balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple projects.
- Experience or training with using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
- Experience with maintaining and editing websites.
- Experience scheduling employees.
- Experience in supervisory duties.
- Experience in database administration and SQL.
- Experience or training with UI Banner HR modules.
- Experience with UI Banner Student modules.
- Experience with University of Idaho procedures.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Occasionally requires working late evenings.
Posting Number: SP002567P
Posting Date: 08/26/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applicants need to address each individual required qualification, along with preferred qualifications that apply, in their letter of qualification.
Applications received by September 9, 2020 will receive first consideration. Position will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.