Mass Spectrometry Technician
FLSA Classification: 12-Month, Exempt Staff
Job Summary: The Mass Spectrometry Technician will be responsible for sample preparation, method development and maintenance/operation of the state-of-the-art High-Resolution Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry instrument at the WUSOP LC-MS Facility on the third floor of Levine. This is a fulltime, 12 month, exempt position reporting to Coordinator of Basic Science Research in Pharmacy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide analytical/bioanalytical mass spectrometric services to all Wingate faculty and students who are involved in research.
● Provide analytical/bioanalytical mass spectrometric services to institutions, companies, governmental agencies and other entities in our community.
● Provide a ‘Rotation Site’ for fourth-year pharmacy students at Wingate who are enrolled in PHAR 787/789 (P4 Elective Academic Research Rotation).
● Train interested Wingate students who are enrolled in PHAR 799 (Research in Pharmacy) and CHEM 491/492 (Chemistry Senior Research) in conducting LC-MS research.
● Provide all interested Wingate students, both professional/graduate and undergraduate, with opportunities to learn about and work on LC-MS research throughout the calendar year.
● Assist in efforts to seek extramural funding for the LC-MS Facility and WUSOP through contracts/grants from industry and governmental agencies.
● B.Sc. in chemistry or related technical degree including completion of general, organic, and analytical chemistry courses
● Hands-on laboratory experience using LC-MS systems
● Hands-on laboratory experience in sample preparation and analysis
● An understanding of mass spectrometry, separation sciences and chromatography
● Ability to understand and comply with an established quality system and laboratory health and safety requirements
● Ability to accurately record, collect, and compile analytical testing data for inclusion in reports
● Ability to provide maintenance of LC-MS equipment and supplies
● Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and time management skills
● Proficiency with computers and Microsoft programs
● Ability to work in an analytical laboratory with minimal supervision
● Experience with LC-MS/MS and/or LC-HDMS systems
● Experience with Waters MassLynx software ●
Experience with Waters UNIFI software
To apply, please send a letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions on the position, contact Dr. Samir Kouzi, Professor of Pharmacy and Coordinator of Basic Science Research at email@example.com or 704-233-8355.
Wingate, a comprehensive, independent and growing university, serves more than 3,600 students in North Carolina. Founded in 1896, the University offers 35 undergraduate majors as well as graduate and professional programs. Wingate is home to the Cannon College of Arts and Sciences; the Levine College of Health Sciences; the Byrum School of Business; and the College of Professional Studies, which includes the Thayer School of Education and the School of Sport Sciences. Wingate blends in-class exploration with out-of-class application to deliver an uncommon and life-changing educational experience. Nearly one-in-five Wingate undergraduate students is preparing to be a pharmacist, physician assistant, physical therapist, occupational therapist or nurse, and 65 percent of graduate students are enrolled in health sciences. Wingate offers six master’s degree programs and four doctoral degree programs. Students are supported by more than 325 endowed scholarships. The University’s motto is “Faith, Knowledge, Service.” View current news and videos at www.wingate.edu.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Wingate University abides by all federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age (over 40), sex, marital status or physical handicap, except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists. Wingate University is committed to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Wingate University expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for Mass Spectrometry Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wingate
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wingate
- Research Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wingate
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wingate
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wingate