Scheduling Specialist I
Patient Resource Center (PRC) Schedulers is a clinical support position that is required to answer patients calls which average 5,900 a month, 6,900 med sched messages, 500 my chart mesasges and average 3,000 bump patients averageing from 30 to 120 days out.
Responsible for making and scheduling patient appointments in an efficient and timely manner; routes calls to appropriate staff member.
- PRC agents primary duty is to answer calls and schedule patients appointments.
- Books, coordinates, and reschedules patient appointments.
- Registers patients in Epic system.
- Verifies insurance of new and returning patients.
- Greets patients in clinic and answers questions.
- Schedules surgeries, outpatient appointments, and admissions as requested.
- Answers telephone and routes patient calls.
- Maintains and updates current information on physician's schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
- Assists with preparation of agendas, materials, meetings, etc.
- Assembles patient charts for next day visits; updates profiles on patients.
- Interviews new patients via telephone prior to scheduling appointment.
- Calls patients to remind them of their appointments.
- Education Required: High school diploma or GED.
- Experience: None Required.
- Must have customer service skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must have decision making skill set.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.