Asst. Equipment Manager-Fall term
Assist the Athletic Equipment Manager in all matters relating to the athletic equipment, uniforms, and supplies for an extensive physical education and interscholastic program.
1300 annual hours. Schedule based on the needs of the Physical Education Program and Athletic practices and game days. Schedule will be non-traditional and driven by the needs of the Academy.
Fall term only, possibility to renew for winter
- Assist the Athletic Equipment Manager in executing the vision set by the Athletic Director.
- Assist the Athletic Equipment Manager in maintaining and distributing all athletic equipment for both the Physical Education and Athletic programs including: receiving, marking, sorting, tracking, cleaning, reconditioning, sizing, making minor repairs, and storing all equipment.
- Assist in the daily and seasonal uniform issue to students and coaches.
- Assist the Athletic Equipment Manager in managing all team uniforms and daily sanitary issue. This includes keeping records, organizing, distributing, laundering, and making some minor repairs.
- Assist the Athletic Equipment Manager with the coordination of purchase, control, repair, and replenishment of all athletic equipment, uniforms, and supplies including Capital Budget Requests.
- Assist the Athletic Equipment Manager in managing all audio video equipment for the programs. This includes issuing equipment to teams for games and/or practice and making copies of game film.
- Assist venue mangers with the purchase, delivery, and assembly of equipment heavy program needs.
- Assist the Athletic Equipment Manager in serving as a liaison between the Athletic Program and various departments (custodial, security, grounds, accounting, etc.) as it relates to athletic equipment, uniforms, and supplies.
Incumbent will work with minimal supervision and must exhibit a high level of independence and autonomy, and exercise a high degree of initiative, influence, and judgment in decisions impacting staff and department operations.
Expected to solve problems or address issues that require immediate attention.
Internal & External Contacts
Frequent contact with students, Dean of Students office, PEA administrative and academic offices, faculty, coaches, and staff. External contacts may include parents, outside organizations, visitors and local community neighbors.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Some college experience helpful.
- Eligible to test for Athletic Equipment Managers Association Certification, must acquire within 2 years of hire date.
- Experience in an academic institution preferred.
- Must have familiarity with a broad range of athletic equipment.
- Previous laundry experience preferred.
- Prior experience working with athletic uniforms and equipment a plus.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- Ability to engage positively with students, employees, and guests.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint always, including stressful situations.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity and to serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive community with diplomacy and tact.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work and will require the ability to remain standing for extended periods of time, go up and down flights of steps, lift and push heavy objects as well as stoop, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, and lift.
- Ability and dexterity to grasp and grip and safely operate commercial kitchen equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 75lbs without assistance.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to see with normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed every 5 years).
- Clean Driving record (reviewed annually).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood