Assistant Coach - Volleyball
Position Title: Assistant Coach - Volleyball
Playing and/or coaching experience of a minimum of two (2) years required. Valid driver license at the time of and duration of appointment, ability to travel, and work a flexible schedule is required.
The MVCC Hawks are a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association, and
offers one of the most extensive and diverse two-year college intercollegiate athletic
programs in the country.
This position assists head Coach in the sport of Volleyball.
- Assists Head Coach with recruitment and retention efforts of student athletes;
- Assists Head Coach in guiding student athletes with accomplishing their academic and athletic goals;
- Assists Head Coach in ensuring the safety and well-being of student athletes;
- Complies with all institutional and departmental policies and procedures, Athletic Department Handbook and National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) by-laws and eligibility rules;
- Assists Head Coach in ensuring student athletes understand the relationship between academics and athletics and the concept of student athlete;
- Assists Head Coach with completion of all necessary institutional, departmental, and NJCApaperwork and correspondence;
- Assists Head Coach with program goals and direction;
- Assumes head coaching duties and responsibilities in the event the Head Coach is unable to perform those duties;
- To be present anytime members of the team are assembled in an official capacity unless alternative arrangements are made with the Head Coach;
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 9/2/2020
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.