Linux System Administrator/Consultant
Systems Admin/Programmer III
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is currently seeking a professional-level Linux System Administrator/Consultant to join Research Computing, a unit within UFIT.
This Systems Administrator is responsible for Linux server and application software installation and maintenance, basic and advanced support and consulting, design and implementation of workflows as part of funded research projects that pay the hourly consulting rate, on the computing resources operated by UF Research Computing in support of advanced scientific, engineering, and scholarly research.
About UF Information Technology
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communications Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission.
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
About Artificial Intelligence (AI) University
Research Computing, a unit in University of Florida, Information Technology, seeks to fill several positions to build a collaborative and diverse team that works to support research across the university. In a groundbreaking partnership between UF and NVIDIA, announced on July 21, 2020:
UF will install by January 2021 HiPerGator AI, the largest computer for AI at a US university. This system will be operated as an expansion of UF’s supercomputer, called HiPerGator. The 46,000 cores of HiPerGator will have 16,000 cores replaced by 36,000 AMD EPYC cores as part of HiPerGator 3.0. Then HiPerGator AI, which is an NVIDIA DGX A100 SuperPod will add 17,000 AMD EPYC CPU cores as well as 1,120 NVIDIA Ampere A100 GPU cards and 4 PB of extremely fast flash-only storage, all connected by InfiniBand. The UF AI University initiative will transform the curriculum for students across campus and have a significant impact on the research enterprise at UF.
UFIT Research Computing team is on the frontline to support both education and research activities on the computing infrastructure. We will hire enthusiastic people who like to collaborate in a team environment and will bring a creative mindset to contribute to the mission.
About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
UF Information Technology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status.
Diversity and inclusivity make our institution and our community better. We value the fresh ideas and unique perspectives a diverse group of people provides. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people from many backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching and learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution.
$69,000 – $80,000; commensurate based on education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and six years of experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience but does not negate the minimum degree requirements(s).
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience and skills:
- Linux server system administration (RedHat)
- Virtualization (KVM, VM management)
- Containerization (Docker, Singularity)
- Scripting and shell programming
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Customer support, troubleshooting
- Advanced engineering of systems, frameworks, workflows, tools on Linux platform
Preferred skills, expertise, and experience:
- Windows server system administration (2012 or newer)
- Build and manage VM images Linux and Windows
- Slurm scheduler
- Kubernetes scheduler
- Security Information and Event management (SIEM) tool
- AI tools (deep learning, neural networks, tensorflow)
- Applications domains: engineering, science, medicine, social sciences, digital humanities, language processing, big data analysis
- Compliance framework and practice (NIST Risk Management Framework, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, Cyber Security Framework, FISMA, CUI)
To be successful in this position, the incumbent must:
- Manage multiple tasks to deadlines; communicate progress at regular intervals.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving.
- Provide excellent service through professional and courteous interactions with internal and external customers while meeting business needs.
- Work as a team member and collaborate to motivate others.
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or CV
- Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge