Continuing Education, Training, and Workforce Development Instructors
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Continuing Education, Training, and Workforce Development, which offers career training, professional development, and personal enrichment programs, is recruiting a qualified pool of instructors to provide high quality, engaging learning experiences for the community. Our instructors teach with enthusiasm and implement relevant teaching strategies to develop the skills of students. Further, it is the responsibility of instructors to support the goals of the Continuing Education division and strive to create an effective learning environment for a diverse population of students.
IMMEDIATE AREAS OF NEED:
IT Certification Training
Real Estate (e.g., broker, managing broker)
Foreign Language/Culture (e.g., Spanish, Polish, Japanese, Hebrew, Russian)
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in related field
- Relevant teaching experience
- Experience with curriculum development preferred
- Awareness and knowledge of student learning styles and strategies to address such variety
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use online platforms as educational tools (e.g., Google Meet, Zoom, Learning Management Systems)
- Enthusiasm for teaching and learning of the discipline area
- Willingness to support the goals of the Continuing Education division and create effective learning environments for diverse populations of students
Essential Functions of the Position:
Preparation of program learning activities and instructional materials (as appropriate),
Delivery of instruction, including being prepared for and meeting programs at scheduled times,
Compliance with departmental and institutional policies and procedures including but not limited to submission of midterm and final grades, and Compliance with institutional procedures.
Oakton Community College Skokie Campus
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines