Adjunct Instructor - Water Quality Technology
Title: Adjunct Instructor – Water Quality Technology
Required Documents Needed to Upload at Time of Application:
· Unofficial Transcripts
Position Summary: To provide quality instruction for student learning and to maintain a positive learning environment in the classroom. The major emphasis will be placed on teaching and evaluating students in the classroom and laboratories.
Department: Natural & Behavioral Sciences
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Planning and teaching classes as assigned and as outlined in the course descriptions and course syllabi.
2. Supervising the study and learning activities of students assigned.
3. Submitting requests through the department head, program coordinator, or lead teacher for equipment, supplies, textbooks, and other instructional aids.
4. Evaluating the academic progress of students.
5. Demonstrating knowledge of services, regulations, and procedures as defined in the Adjunct Faculty Handbook.
6. Submitting course grades and performing other administrative duties as required.
7. Scheduling two office hours. For extenuating circumstances in which office hours cannot be scheduled, the adjunct faculty member must submit a written plan to the Dean describing how students can access the instructor. Office hours are not paid during the summer session.
Note: the College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time.
· All full-time and part-time faculty teaching professional, career, and technical courses that are components of associate of applied science degree programs not usually resulting in college transfer must have at the minimum an associate’s degree in their teaching field or closely related field from a regionally accredited college/university and three years' work experience in the field.
· The Water Quality Technology faculty must hold an associate's degree or higher and have three years of relevant experience at a water/wastewater treatment facility as a licensed operator or in a water/wastewater training facility as a certified instructor, or have a master's degree or higher with 18 graduate credit hours in environmental science, environmental engineering, environmental geology, or other closely related fields.
· Candidates that have coursework or work experience with water quality analysis, water/wastewater treatment, water/wastewater certifications, or water/wastewater treatment facility operations are preferred.
· Pellissippi State Community College recognizes that the ability to communicate effectively is an essential skill for all academic personnel to perform competently. To ensure that all faculty are proficient in oral and written English, the following guidelines are to be used during the selection process to evaluate candidates:
a. Ability to speak and write English clearly;
b. Ability to understand written and spoken English; and
c. Ability to communicate effectively in an academic environment (for example, previous successful employment in an academic institution).
Hardin Valley Campus and/or virtual .
Availability/Closing Date: This posting is not a guarantee of an open position. Applications for adjunct faculty positions are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed by the department when openings become available. Future teaching assignments are on a term-by-term basis, which may include fall, spring and summer. Postings close yearly on January 31; to maintain your application within the system, you will need to re-apply each year.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for a position at Pellissippi State, you must create an on-line application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Please note: to scan, upload, or attach documents, a computer and scanner are available at the Hardin Valley Campus Educational Resources Center, if needed.
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer
If you have any problems or questions please contact Pellissippi State Community College’s Human Resource Office at 865-694-6607 or by email at email@example.com .
If you are interested in this position, click on the link to the top left to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville