Financial Aid Technical Analyst (F/T), MFRE13542SFA
Primary responsibility to manage the day-to-day electronic and reconciliation functions of the office. Coordinate the EDE application, documentation and payment processing; electronic and report functions. Coordinate the computer report function and serve as Office support to IT. Responsible for the Electronic Document Tracking interface in the office. Assist the Manager in the overall organization and management of the office.
- Responsible for the management of the electronic application process, retrieve and post data from various sources on a daily basis.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate Financial Assistance Document Tracking Assistant, Electronic Reconciliation Assistant, and Financial Aid Representative (R2T4).
- Maintain and monitor the USDE Electronic Data Exchange process
with Federally approved entities (CPS, NSLDS, COD) including the
receipt of Institutional Student Information Records (ISIR's), the
Correction process; the Payment cycle and the Report
- Coordinate the annual financial aid set-up in coordination with
IT by reviewing the intake process in regards to document tracking,
maintaining or updating rules, communication codes, or
- Coordinate accurate electronic data information with all
agencies. NSLDS Electronic Process, Common Origination and
Disbursement internal offices and responsible for all reporting
- Responsible for the development and updating of office policies
and procedures to comply with federal and state financial aid
regulations and institutional policies.
- Responsible for the coordination of the reconciliation process
between Financial Aid and the Finance Department along with other
- Manage the Return of Title IV program by developing procedures
and accurately implementing and maintaining program. Comprehensive
knowledge of the R2T4 process, including modules.
- Responsible for the coordination and transmission of the
federal, state and institutional information to student
- Ensures that the college's student information system is set up
to properly administer financial aid according to regulatory
requirements. Primary office contact for IT support.
- Monitor daily quality control as well as account control of the
Ellucian Colleague student information system.
- Generate reports as requested by the Manager and research
different parameters in creating reports for special
- Assist in data collection and compilation of information for
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 4-6 years current financial aid experience and some experience in Information Technology. Proven experience with Electronic Data Environment (EDE), ElmResources and USDE Programs. Computer literacy, strong interpersonal/organizational skills; excellent communication skills; willingness to adapt to complex and detailed financial aid programs. Strong commitment to service orientation as evident from prior employment experiences.
Bachelors degree in related field.
Above in addition to experience in Community College and large comprehensive financial aid operation. Experience with Ellucian Colleague student information system.
Additional course work in computer science area.
Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
Office setting with high volume student services.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.