Financial Aid Representative (F/T), CFRN13630SFA
Responsible for understanding student need and providing outstanding customer service to students, parents and the college community. Responsible for evaluating and responding appropriately to student inquiries and provide clear and concise dissemination of financial aid information regarding application, processes, eligibility and resources.
Primary Duties of Position:
- Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of Federal and State financial aid program, regulations, policies and procedures. Assist students with completion of the FAFSA and other financial aid document requirements.
- Advise and provide thorough counseling to students, parents, and the general public effectively communicating financial aid on a walk-in or appointment basis. Identify problems pertaining to financial aid with emphasis towards prompt resolution, compliance and student service.
- Provide support services to the reception and intake function of the office and telephone functions of the office.
- Actively participate in the FAFSA Workshops, Loan Counseling, Orientations and other office Outreach efforts and College functions on/off-campus.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties of Position, assigned as needed:
- Contribute to the development, modification and implementation of operational procedures of the office.
- Coordinate and review process for selected agencies, maintain relationships with agency constituencies, award vouchers, coordinate with Finance department and advise students.
- Coordinate, monitor eligibility and administer Federal Work Study and College Work Study programs, in conjunction with Finance department and Human Resources.
- Coordinate and administer scholarships, including institutional, state, private and Foundation.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two (2) years' customer service experience in higher education setting or similar environment. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex information. Evidence of commitment and sensitivity to students from different backgrounds. Evidence of strong service skills.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years' experience in a high volume Financial Aid Office in a multicultural student environment.
EDUCATION: Financial Aid Credentialing.
PC, mainframe, FAX, calculator, copier, laser printer, multi-line telephone, video recorder and overhead projector.
High traffic office, heavy incoming phone calls, standing at counter for periods of time and minor lifting of boxes as needed up to 20 lbs. Saturday and evening hours required as scheduled.
Applications accepted until September 30, 2020 at 5:00 PM CST.